Register now to remove this ad

Page 429 of 432 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 6469

Thread: Official NFL thread

  1. #6421
    A lot of players grow up with awful childhoods, it doesn't give them the excuse to intentionally try injuring people and be complete morons. Burfict is a piece of shit.

  2. #6422
    A little chuckle for Pats fans:

    Julian Edelman joined Barstool Sports' Pardon My Take this week to promote his book "Relentless" with Tom E. Curran and shared some good stories, particularly two about Bill Belichick and Wes Welker.

    Edelman had only been a member of the Patriots for one or two years and he found himself at the Gillette Stadium facility at 11 o'clock one night with Belichick.

    “I stayed there at 11 o’clock at night in the tubs and the weight room and there’s treadmills," he said. "Bill has a game on that he’s watching. I think it was like two teams ahead because we had a short week that week. It was like a Thursday night game and we had a quick turnaround or something like that. He was already getting ahead and he had a huge book just sitting there. I am talking like a four-inch binder, flipping through plays, taking notes while walking at like 11 o’clock at night. I hurry up and scatter out of there because I didn’t want him to see me there. I hurry up and put my clothes on and we just so happened to walk out together.

    “This is all in the book ‘Relentless,’ it goes into crazier details. We walked out and by the grace of God I accidentally walked out at the same time as him. I hadn’t even held a conversation with him and I had been on the team for two years. I am sitting there sweating bullets and we’re walking out and he’s not saying anything to me and I am not saying anything to him. We’re going to our cars and I go, ‘Coach, man, I was just in awe. Man, it’s 11 o’clock at night and I saw you on that treadmill. That is crazy. Are you always like this?’ He goes, ‘It sure beats being a plumber. See you tomorrow.’ That’s all he said.”

  3. #6423
    And then there was that one time Belichick smiled and had to undergo 8 hours of reconstructive surgery to repair his face.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #6424
    There has been a ridiculous amount of serious injuries this year, especially to star players. Chris Thompson, Kelvin Benjamin, Leonard Floyd and D'Onta Foreman all suffered serious season ending injuries today. Of course I had Benjamin and Thompson on my fantasy team that also has Greg Olsen, Aaron Rodgers and Allen Robinson.

  5. #6425
    I don't understand why Belichick has Brady still in the game with a 30-8 lead in the 4th quarter against hapless Raiders. It blows my mind, actually. Every play is risky in the NFL.

  6. #6426
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't understand why Belichick has Brady still in the game with a 30-8 lead in the 4th quarter against hapless Raiders. It blows my mind, actually. Every play is risky in the NFL.
    It's a head scratcher. He does replace Brady is some blow-outs but there does not seem to be a hard policy and pattern on it.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  7. #6427
    I haven't watched that many games this year but I watched the Rams-Saints game yesterday and I was impressed with the Rams QB Goff. He's almost got a little of that Joe Montana cool about him.

    The Hundley kid for Green Bay also looks like he's got some good potential.

  8. #6428
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I haven't watched that many games this year but I watched the Rams-Saints game yesterday and I was impressed with the Rams QB Goff. He's almost got a little of that Joe Montana cool about him.

    The Hundley kid for Green Bay also looks like he's got some good potential.
    Yeah sometimes these young QBs can astound you with their successes.

    Then you watch them try to unravel a BB / Patricia coverage and they look very pedestrian.

    No knock on Sean Payton. I have much respect for the guy.

    But he ain't no Belichick.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  9. #6429
    I really, really, really hope that Ryan Shazier injury isn't what it looks like...

  10. #6430
    Thank God Shazier sounds like he’ll be okay. That was scary to see

  11. #6431
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I haven't watched that many games this year but I watched the Rams-Saints game yesterday and I was impressed with the Rams QB Goff. He's almost got a little of that Joe Montana cool about him.

    The Hundley kid for Green Bay also looks like he's got some good potential.
    Goff is a CA boy who was really good in college. He also wears 16 for his boyhood idol Joe Montana. I'm not surprised he's got some of the Montana/Brady cool on him. They all are cut from the same cloth.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  12. #6432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    There has been a ridiculous amount of serious injuries this year, especially to star players. Chris Thompson, Kelvin Benjamin, Leonard Floyd and D'Onta Foreman all suffered serious season ending injuries today. Of course I had Benjamin and Thompson on my fantasy team that also has Greg Olsen, Aaron Rodgers and Allen Robinson.
    The more they try to protect them, the softer they get.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  13. #6433
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    It's a head scratcher. He does replace Brady is some blow-outs but there does not seem to be a hard policy and pattern on it.
    Brady does not come out of games. He just doesn't do it. He will stay in the game to hand the ball off and take the kneel downs. I think I read somewhere that he feels that being taken out of games shows weakness and that he enjoys taking the final snaps of games, feeling that his preparation earned it.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  14. #6434
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Brady does not come out of games. He just doesn't do it. He will stay in the game to hand the ball off and take the kneel downs. I think I read somewhere that he feels that being taken out of games shows weakness and that he enjoys taking the final snaps of games, feeling that his preparation earned it.
    If he was only handing the ball off and kneeling down that would be fine. But in the Raiders game he was dropping back to pass with the Pats up 30-8 with about 10 minutes left. He took a borderline cheap shot around the knees. That was when it occurred to me that it was nuts to have him still in the game.

    TB12 Method or not, Tom's not invincible.

  15. #6435
    The NFL is an actual joke with suspensions. JuJu got a 1 game suspension for taunting. Iloka's hit was worse and he gets no suspension. Gronk hits a dude well after the play in what wasn't even close to a football play and only gets 1 game. Awesome job Goodell, continue to be the worst commish in pro sports history.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •