Register now to remove this ad

Page 434 of 527 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 7895

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    How many more years will Tom Terrific play? Ability-wise he looks like he's still at the top of his game. It's just a question of the physical toll on his body.
    He wants to play 4 more years. Can he do it? Who knows?

It definitely helps that he takes care of himself and that NFL rules are first and foremost to protect pocket QB's. If Manning didn't have his kneck issues, he'd still be playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I guess 2 years, maybe three.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Bumps in the road is a good analogy for driving the wrong way in a tunnel and crashing into a bus while being over the limit.

What an absurd off-season so far.. Jesus

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bill...013814404.html
    Did anybody see/hear about this Zay Jones story? Absolutely absurd. I think something might actually be mentally wrong with him.

Patriots traded Brandin Cooks to the Rams for a 1st.. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Patriots traded Brandin Cooks to the Rams for a 1st.. Interesting.
    I am somewhat surprised. Cooks was not a very good fit here as he never really got good separation with all that speed.

Not sure what BB is up to but I doubt very much that he is finished with this position.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I am somewhat surprised. Cooks was not a very good fit here as he never really got good separation with all that speed.

Not sure what BB is up to but I doubt very much that he is finished with this position.
    I have a theory that this could be a move setting up a potential OBJ move. Giants want two 1sts, Pats now have two. I could be a coincidence, but the timing seems weird, and also seems kind of absurd they'd deal Cooks after a good first year to another contender.

I have a theory that this could be a move setting up a potential OBJ move. Giants want two 1sts, Pats now have two. I could be a coincidence, but the timing seems weird, and also seems kind of absurd they'd deal Cooks after a good first year to another contender.
    But it was not really a good year for Cooks here. He was a massive disappointment from a production standpoint.

Living up here you hear this stuff. He was the fastest receiver but that's it. Troy Brown explained it all by saying that Cooks made too many shake and bake type moves near the line and then could no longer take advantage of his break away speed. I saw this too and figured BB would not be pleased.

I hope that goon from NY is not coming here. I doubt that he would change his colors. He would be more bother than he is worth.

Bellichick goes for value in the draft. He is more likely to trade one of the 1st round picks for two picks in lower rounds, say a 2nd and a 4th or something. This team has several needs that did supersede receiver. Now that has changed.

We survived Reche Caldwell so I am not worried too much about the receivers.

But it was not really a good year for Cooks here. He was a massive disappointment from a production standpoint.

Living up here you hear this stuff. He was the fastest receiver but that's it. Troy Brown explained it all by saying that Cooks made too many shake and bake type moves near the line and then could no longer take advantage of his break away speed. I saw this too and figured BB would not be pleased.

I hope that goon from NY is not coming here. I doubt that he would change his colors. He would be more bother than he is worth.

Bellichick goes for value in the draft. He is more likely to trade one of the 1st round picks for two picks in lower rounds, say a 2nd and a 4th or something. This team has several needs that did supersede receiver. Now that has changed.

We survived Reche Caldwell so I am not worried too much about the receivers.
    He still is extremely talented, and is still very young. He is coming off three straight 1000 yard seasons at ages 22, 23 and 24. Just kind of weird they would deal a first for him, rent him a year, then deal him for a first the next year.

I think the Pats made this trade to draft Brady's eventual replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

He still is extremely talented, and is still very young. He is coming off three straight 1000 yard seasons at ages 22, 23 and 24. Just kind of weird they would deal a first for him, rent him a year, then deal him for a first the next year.
    I figure Bellichick knows more about what he is doing than you or I know.

I figure Bellichick knows more about what he is doing than you or I know.
    I would agree, but he did bench Malcolm Butler in a super bowl for a fringe roster guy who got torched all game.