Register now to remove this ad

Page 430 of 431 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431 LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 6453

Thread: Official NFL thread

  1. #6436
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    The NFL is an actual joke with suspensions. JuJu got a 1 game suspension for taunting. Iloka's hit was worse and he gets no suspension. Gronk hits a dude well after the play in what wasn't even close to a football play and only gets 1 game. Awesome job Goodell, continue to be the worst commish in pro sports history.
    Iloka not getting a suspension is ridiculous. Ironically, I think Goodell just got that big contract extension Jerry Jones was trying to fight.

  2. #6437
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    The NFL is an actual joke with suspensions. JuJu got a 1 game suspension for taunting. Iloka's hit was worse and he gets no suspension. Gronk hits a dude well after the play in what wasn't even close to a football play and only gets 1 game. Awesome job Goodell, continue to be the worst commish in pro sports history.
    The precedent is 1 game. Burfict recently served a 3 game suspension, and that is after a long laundry list of dirty plays.

    Ndamukong Suh is another one of the dirtiest players in the last 20 years. Of all his dirty plays, hes been suspended twice, each of which was for 1 game.

    How do you justify giving Gronk more than 1 game, especially when he has zero history of cheap/dirty plays?

    Patriots jealously/hate is the only explanation. People hate the Patriots so much, it is impossible for them to be unbiased. Its pretty pathetic how much people hate them. Ive come to enjoy it, but I really feel bad for those people that let their hatred of the Patriots cloud their ability to be logical/intelligent or consistent. If you are a fan of the Patriots, it is literally impossible to have a football conversation with anyone from another market.
    Last edited by SCM33; 12-06-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  3. #6438
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    The precedent is 1 game. Burfict recently served a 3 game suspension, and that is after a long laundry list of dirty plays.

    Ndamukong Suh is another one of the dirtiest players in the last 20 years. Of all his dirty plays, hes been suspended twice, each of which was for 1 game.

    How do you justify giving Gronk more than 1 game, especially when he has zero history of cheap/dirty plays?

    Patriots jealously/hate is the only explanation. People hate the Patriots so much, it is impossible for them to be unbiased. Its pretty pathetic how much people hate them. Ive come to enjoy it, but I really feel bad for those people that let their hatred of the Patriots cloud their ability to be logical/intelligent or consistent. If you are a fan of the Patriots, it is literally impossible to have a football conversation with anyone from another market.
    Right on bruh
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  4. #6439
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    The precedent is 1 game. Burfict recently served a 3 game suspension, and that is after a long laundry list of dirty plays.

    Ndamukong Suh is another one of the dirtiest players in the last 20 years. Of all his dirty plays, hes been suspended twice, each of which was for 1 game.

    How do you justify giving Gronk more than 1 game, especially when he has zero history of cheap/dirty plays?

    Patriots jealously/hate is the only explanation. People hate the Patriots so much, it is impossible for them to be unbiased. Its pretty pathetic how much people hate them. Ive come to enjoy it, but I really feel bad for those people that let their hatred of the Patriots cloud their ability to be logical/intelligent or consistent. If you are a fan of the Patriots, it is literally impossible to have a football conversation with anyone from another market.
    It has nothing to do with the Patriots and you are completely misinterpreting my point. Its with Goodell being an absolute moron and having literally no consistency with the way he handles suspensions, I wasn't advocating for more for Gronk, its the fact he has Gronks act on the same level as JuJu and the fact he didn't suspend Iloka in the same game for a worse hit.. JuJu got a 1 game suspension for a block and "taunting" the dirtiest player in the NFL. That block was made the exact same way by Golden Tate on Sean Lee and by Michael Floyd on Lippett and they were both not suspended. The NFL straight up said he got suspended for "taunting". REALLY? Taunting? It took Burfict about 7 offenses to get suspended once.. and only reason he finally got suspended was because he delivered a cheap shot to a star player (Antonio Brown) on national television.

    George Iloka received a 0 game suspension for cheap shot on AB in the end zone helmet to helmet.
    Gronk received a 1 game suspension for a cheap shot on White.
    Crabtree and Talib got two games for fighting on field.
    AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey got 0 games for fighting in the same manner
    Mike Evans got 1 game for a cheap shot on Lattimore (similar to what Gronk did, he lit up Lattimore when he and Jameis were arguing)

    So JuJu gets same suspension for taunting a guy who has delivered so many cheap shots, and has had this coming for A LONG TIME as two guys injuring dudes in non football players not even as a play is going on? Its ridiculous and there needs to be some kind of structure in place.

    How does the NFL say 'PLAYER SAFETY, PLAYER SAFETY!!" but not suspend Iloka, suspend JuJu and give absurd suspensions for weed. Josh Gordon, Martavis Bryant, Justin Blackmon and Daryle Washington have faced year long suspensions for weed. Tom Brady has faced 4 game suspension for bullshit without proof of deflating balls. Ben Roethlisberger faced a 4 game suspension for being accused of a crime he was never charged with.

    The NFLs suspension policies are a joke without logic.

    Gronk was only used as an example because he was latest guy to be involved in a suspension and was a fair comparison to the JuJu/Iloka argument. I worded it wrong. I meant more-so to argue if JuJu is getting 1 game for that block, then Evans and Gronk deserve at least two.

  5. #6440
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the Patriots and you are completely misinterpreting my point. Its with Goodell being an absolute moron and having literally no consistency with the way he handles suspensions, I wasn't advocating for more for Gronk, its the fact he has Gronks act on the same level as JuJu and the fact he didn't suspend Iloka in the same game for a worse hit.. JuJu got a 1 game suspension for a block and "taunting" the dirtiest player in the NFL. That block was made the exact same way by Golden Tate on Sean Lee and by Michael Floyd on Lippett and they were both not suspended. The NFL straight up said he got suspended for "taunting". REALLY? Taunting? It took Burfict about 7 offenses to get suspended once.. and only reason he finally got suspended was because he delivered a cheap shot to a star player (Antonio Brown) on national television.

    George Iloka received a 0 game suspension for cheap shot on AB in the end zone helmet to helmet.
    Gronk received a 1 game suspension for a cheap shot on White.
    Crabtree and Talib got two games for fighting on field.
    AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey got 0 games for fighting in the same manner
    Mike Evans got 1 game for a cheap shot on Lattimore (similar to what Gronk did, he lit up Lattimore when he and Jameis were arguing)

    So JuJu gets same suspension for taunting a guy who has delivered so many cheap shots, and has had this coming for A LONG TIME as two guys injuring dudes in non football players not even as a play is going on? Its ridiculous and there needs to be some kind of structure in place.

    How does the NFL say 'PLAYER SAFETY, PLAYER SAFETY!!" but not suspend Iloka, suspend JuJu and give absurd suspensions for weed. Josh Gordon, Martavis Bryant, Justin Blackmon and Daryle Washington have faced year long suspensions for weed. Tom Brady has faced 4 game suspension for bullshit without proof of deflating balls. Ben Roethlisberger faced a 4 game suspension for being accused of a crime he was never charged with.

    The NFLs suspension policies are a joke without logic.

    Gronk was only used as an example because he was latest guy to be involved in a suspension and was a fair comparison to the JuJu/Iloka argument. I worded it wrong. I meant more-so to argue if JuJu is getting 1 game for that block, then Evans and Gronk deserve at least two.
    Great, so we agree.....Gronk was suspended for 1 game, and the penalty met his stupid childness action.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  6. #6441
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Iloka not getting a suspension is ridiculous. Ironically, I think Goodell just got that big contract extension Jerry Jones was trying to fight.
    The next lockout is going to be bad. Goodell is a horrendous commish who has a majority of the players and fans pissed off and now has a ton of owners angry as well. Its not a good look. Rules aren't clear, suspensions make no sense, etc.

  7. #6442
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Great, so we agree.....Gronk was suspended for 1 game, and the penalty met his stupid childness action.
    I don't have a problem with Gronk's "only" being 1 game, he is a first time defender. My rant is about the consistency of suspensions. AJ Green threw down Jalen Ramsey in a headlock and punched him numerous times and got 0 game suspension. Iloka hit AB helmet to helmet badly in the end zone and wasn't suspended.

    Crabtree got two games for Talib scuffle, which wasn't as bad as AJ Green. I just don't understand the logic at all.

  8. #6443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't have a problem with Gronk's "only" being 1 game, he is a first time defender. My rant is about the consistency of suspensions. AJ Green threw down Jalen Ramsey in a headlock and punched him numerous times and got 0 game suspension. Iloka hit AB helmet to helmet badly in the end zone and wasn't suspended.

    Crabtree got two games for Talib scuffle, which wasn't as bad as AJ Green. I just don't understand the logic at all.
    That's fine, I am only concerned with people pinpointing Gronk as getting a lenient punishment.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  9. #6444
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the Patriots and you are completely misinterpreting my point. Its with Goodell being an absolute moron and having literally no consistency with the way he handles suspensions, I wasn't advocating for more for Gronk, its the fact he has Gronks act on the same level as JuJu and the fact he didn't suspend Iloka in the same game for a worse hit.. JuJu got a 1 game suspension for a block and "taunting" the dirtiest player in the NFL. That block was made the exact same way by Golden Tate on Sean Lee and by Michael Floyd on Lippett and they were both not suspended. The NFL straight up said he got suspended for "taunting". REALLY? Taunting? It took Burfict about 7 offenses to get suspended once.. and only reason he finally got suspended was because he delivered a cheap shot to a star player (Antonio Brown) on national television.

    George Iloka received a 0 game suspension for cheap shot on AB in the end zone helmet to helmet.
    Gronk received a 1 game suspension for a cheap shot on White.
    Crabtree and Talib got two games for fighting on field.
    AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey got 0 games for fighting in the same manner
    Mike Evans got 1 game for a cheap shot on Lattimore (similar to what Gronk did, he lit up Lattimore when he and Jameis were arguing)

    So JuJu gets same suspension for taunting a guy who has delivered so many cheap shots, and has had this coming for A LONG TIME as two guys injuring dudes in non football players not even as a play is going on? Its ridiculous and there needs to be some kind of structure in place.

    How does the NFL say 'PLAYER SAFETY, PLAYER SAFETY!!" but not suspend Iloka, suspend JuJu and give absurd suspensions for weed. Josh Gordon, Martavis Bryant, Justin Blackmon and Daryle Washington have faced year long suspensions for weed. Tom Brady has faced 4 game suspension for bullshit without proof of deflating balls. Ben Roethlisberger faced a 4 game suspension for being accused of a crime he was never charged with.

    The NFLs suspension policies are a joke without logic.

    Gronk was only used as an example because he was latest guy to be involved in a suspension and was a fair comparison to the JuJu/Iloka argument. I worded it wrong. I meant more-so to argue if JuJu is getting 1 game for that block, then Evans and Gronk deserve at least two.
    I think your points are very valid.

  10. #6445
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the Patriots and you are completely misinterpreting my point. Its with Goodell being an absolute moron and having literally no consistency with the way he handles suspensions, I wasn't advocating for more for Gronk, its the fact he has Gronks act on the same level as JuJu and the fact he didn't suspend Iloka in the same game for a worse hit.. JuJu got a 1 game suspension for a block and "taunting" the dirtiest player in the NFL. That block was made the exact same way by Golden Tate on Sean Lee and by Michael Floyd on Lippett and they were both not suspended. The NFL straight up said he got suspended for "taunting". REALLY? Taunting? It took Burfict about 7 offenses to get suspended once.. and only reason he finally got suspended was because he delivered a cheap shot to a star player (Antonio Brown) on national television.

    George Iloka received a 0 game suspension for cheap shot on AB in the end zone helmet to helmet.
    Gronk received a 1 game suspension for a cheap shot on White.
    Crabtree and Talib got two games for fighting on field.
    AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey got 0 games for fighting in the same manner
    Mike Evans got 1 game for a cheap shot on Lattimore (similar to what Gronk did, he lit up Lattimore when he and Jameis were arguing)

    So JuJu gets same suspension for taunting a guy who has delivered so many cheap shots, and has had this coming for A LONG TIME as two guys injuring dudes in non football players not even as a play is going on? Its ridiculous and there needs to be some kind of structure in place.

    How does the NFL say 'PLAYER SAFETY, PLAYER SAFETY!!" but not suspend Iloka, suspend JuJu and give absurd suspensions for weed. Josh Gordon, Martavis Bryant, Justin Blackmon and Daryle Washington have faced year long suspensions for weed. Tom Brady has faced 4 game suspension for bullshit without proof of deflating balls. Ben Roethlisberger faced a 4 game suspension for being accused of a crime he was never charged with.

    The NFLs suspension policies are a joke without logic.

    Gronk was only used as an example because he was latest guy to be involved in a suspension and was a fair comparison to the JuJu/Iloka argument. I worded it wrong. I meant more-so to argue if JuJu is getting 1 game for that block, then Evans and Gronk deserve at least two.
    Good post except you forgot to mention Godell's mishandling of the Saints Bounty Gate and all the unjust damage he did in that affair.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  11. #6446
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Good post except you forgot to mention Godell's mishandling of the Saints Bounty Gate and all the unjust damage he did in that affair.
    Oh god, I forgot he was around during bounty gate. What a disaster.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  12. #6447
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    That's fine, I am only concerned with people pinpointing Gronk as getting a lenient punishment.
    Rob deserved more than 1 game. that was about as dirty as a play we have seen in football. it shouldn't matter that it was his "first offense".
    he should be sitting until the playoffs IMO. take a step back and reverse the roles with Rob being in Concussion Protocol because of the dirtiest play you ever saw.

    ****I am not a Patriots Hater. In fact, i am a diehard Patriots fan that like all of you lived through the lean Grogan-Eason years. i flew down and scalped a ticket at SB 38 in Houston.
    other names i have posted under: none

  13. #6448
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Good post except you forgot to mention Godell's mishandling of the Saints Bounty Gate and all the unjust damage he did in that affair.
    The biggest stain on Goodell to me is how he handled the Ravens and that garbage franchise. So many absolute pieces of shit on that team throughout the years and Goodell just kept a blind eye.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  14. #6449
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Rob deserved more than 1 game. that was about as dirty as a play we have seen in football. it shouldn't matter that it was his "first offense".
    he should be sitting until the playoffs IMO. take a step back and reverse the roles with Rob being in Concussion Protocol because of the dirtiest play you ever saw.

    ****I am not a Patriots Hater. In fact, i am a diehard Patriots fan that like all of you lived through the lean Grogan-Eason years. i flew down and scalped a ticket at SB 38 in Houston.
    I agree that it should have been at least 2 games. If he was suspended for the year, I wouldn't have complained.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  15. #6450
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Rob deserved more than 1 game. that was about as dirty as a play we have seen in football. it shouldn't matter that it was his "first offense".
    he should be sitting until the playoffs IMO. take a step back and reverse the roles with Rob being in Concussion Protocol because of the dirtiest play you ever saw.

    ****I am not a Patriots Hater. In fact, i am a diehard Patriots fan that like all of you lived through the lean Grogan-Eason years. i flew down and scalped a ticket at SB 38 in Houston.
    Every single one of Vontaze Burficts plays deserve suspension, and again, Suh has only been suspended for a grand total of 2 games for all the dirty plays that he has come to be known by.

    Should he get more? Sure, just as long as the players with dirty reputations get more.

    Vontaze Burfict kicked a Steelers player in the head. No suspension.
    George lloka targeted Antonio Browns head with his shoulder.....suspended 1 game, then overturned.
    Ndamukong Suh elbowed Jay Cutler in the helmet, clearly targeting his head. No suspension.

    ..and it is not the dirtiest play I ever saw. The Bengals/Steelers games had 2 players that were equally as bad.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •