Register now to remove this ad

Page 423 of 426 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 6388

Thread: Official NFL thread

  1. #6331
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Losing Eric Berry was a huge blow in a potential rematch. Gronk should be open a lot.
    Maybe. Historically it has take 3-4 guys to bring him to the ground. As fun as that has been to watch, it is his downfall because he takes a massive beating and ends up on the DL with surgery.

    My point is this team is not what it is likely to be by say, week 10 or so. BB will find some way of making the O line protect Brady and the entire defense will improve to averae at worst. Which is usually good enough to take them to the AFC championship game.

    If one or both of these things does not happen I will be pretty surprised. And in that case, this team is going nowhere this year.

    There are other problems but they can be covered up and compensated for much easier.

    None of what I have said is just opinion since we have all seen these things happen several times over the last 16 or so years.

    What other teams are ultimately up against is the best football ops personnel in the league and that is not changing anytime soon.
    Last edited by Spudboy; 10-12-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  2. #6332
    Although it's still early, I guess it's fair to say Fournette is the real deal. There was a bit of doubt with his boasting during preseason, but he's backed it up and then some so far.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #6333
    Watching Carolina play is incredibly boring. The Eagles on the other hand are actually pretty exciting
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  4. #6334
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, one of my best new college buddies is a huge Steelers fan and he feels the same way. The guys on the CBS pregame show, specifically Coach Cowher, blamed Brown and Bell, for causing distractions, Brown with the Gatorade cooler, Bell with the holdout. It's very interesting what's going on in the locker room right now, because you know something is a little out of sync. The game against the Chiefs this week is also very interesting, a Chiefs team that has allowed teams to put up points against them.
    Bell's "distraction" is so overrated. Todd Haley needs to be fired for not using Bell enough against certain teams. IE - Bears game and Jags game. The Steelers have arguably the best RB and WR in NFL to go along with an explosive Martavis Bryant, and highly touted rookie WR Juju Smith-Schuster and the offense can't put up points, its a joke. There is no reason Ben should be throwing 55 times in a game, especially when he was struggling. Steelers were up 9-7 in 3rd and then decided to throw every play and that's what game was lost.

    If Steelers lose to KC this weekend I expect a shakeup.

  5. #6335
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Watching Carolina play is incredibly boring. The Eagles on the other hand are actually pretty exciting
    I don't think Carolina is boring, but they definitely don't use some guys the right way. Stewart has been awful tonight, McCaffrey and Samuel should definitely get more touches than him at this stage of his career.

    Sucks to see Luke Kuechly get another concussion. That guy is a beast but just can't stay healthy lately.

  6. #6336
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Bell's "distraction" is so overrated. Todd Haley needs to be fired for not using Bell enough against certain teams. IE - Bears game and Jags game. The Steelers have arguably the best RB and WR in NFL to go along with an explosive Martavis Bryant, and highly touted rookie WR Juju Smith-Schuster and the offense can't put up points, its a joke. There is no reason Ben should be throwing 55 times in a game, especially when he was struggling. Steelers were up 9-7 in 3rd and then decided to throw every play and that's what game was lost.

    If Steelers lose to KC this weekend I expect a shakeup.
    I was not aware of this. Very interesting.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  7. #6337
    Cam Newton looked like dogshit tonight.

  8. #6338
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Cam Newton looked like dogshit tonight.
    His 4th quarter was awful. But he definitely didn't get helped out. His run game and Oline played awful and Stewart botched and easy catch and gave Patrick Robinson a free INT.

  9. #6339
    So many bad injuries this year. Eric Berry, OBJ, Watt, David Johnson and now Rodgers breaks his collarbone.

  10. #6340
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    So many bad injuries this year. Eric Berry, OBJ, Watt, David Johnson and now Rodgers breaks his collarbone.
    Green Bay were firing on practically all cylinders too.

    Jets gave it a good try today but not enough to beat Brady and co.

    And great move benching the rookie in Cleveland. Yep, this other guy will really turn the season around.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #6341
    lol Bears, give up 11 points in the final 3 minutes.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #6342
    Looks like my Packers are toast.

    Aaron Rogers- broken collarbone.

  13. #6343
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Looks like my Packers are toast.

    Aaron Rogers- broken collarbone.
    Sorry man, that stinks. Hope he recovers well.

  14. #6344
    Absolutely the WORST CALL I've ever seen. Jets should be 4-2, but there still 3 games better than some people pegged them to be. Josh McCown played too well, the defense held their own despite a bunch of penalties and miss opportunities. And, above all, the Jets still had a shot to tie. That defense stepped up after the league blew that call. Miami and Jay Cutler are next, but he's looked good the last two weeks
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  15. #6345
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Absolutely the WORST CALL I've ever seen. Jets should be 4-2, but there still 3 games better than some people pegged them to be. Josh McCown played too well, the defense held their own despite a bunch of penalties and miss opportunities. And, above all, the Jets still had a shot to tie. That defense stepped up after the league blew that call. Miami and Jay Cutler are next, but he's looked good the last two weeks
    That was horrible call. The league is an actual joke sometimes with these calls. There was nothing conclusive to overturn that
    Last edited by Jasonbay44; 10-15-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •