Register now to remove this ad

Page 411 of 527 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 7895

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    We'll see.

Castell came in and won and he had not played since high school.
    Who is Castell?

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Who is Castell?
    Matt Cassell or however you spell it. He filled in for Brady in 2008, I believe.

I think they went 10-6.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Matt Cassell or however you spell it. He filled in for Brady in 2008, I believe.

I think they went 10-6.
    Plus, they just went 3-1 this last year when he was out. At some point, people will stop underrating the Patriots.

We'll see.

Castell came in and won and he had not played since high school.
    Bill retires with Brady. Pats are fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to replace the best GM, coach and QB in history all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to replace the best GM, coach and QB in history all at once.
    I think you'll see one retire before the other.
    I have no idea which one will be the first to throw in the towel.
    Brady looks like he could play another 5 years easy.
    Belichick is 65 and has said he wont coach into his 70s.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Talk about moving the goal posts! That is not what you originally suggested.

Both leaving at once will be a jolt but if Matt Patricia is still there and the core of a strong coaching staff along with scouts, I think they will remain a winning team.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Talk about moving the goal posts! That is not what you originally suggested.

Both leaving at once will be a jolt but if Matt Patricia is still there and the core of a strong coaching staff along with scouts, I think they will remain a winning team.
    I didn't move the goalposts. I've always thought that Brady and Bill retire together.

Also, I don't believe the Matt Cassel season is indicative of what the Pats would be like after Brady leaves. Cassel was given the one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL. With a lesser version of Welker or Moss, that team goes .500 or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's going to be such a substantial drop off that a lot of the bandwagon fans will disappear.

I'm just buzzarding though.

Elliott suspended 6 games

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Elliott suspended 6 games
    Good.

Four games for "more likely than not" being aware of deflated balls that did not exist.

Six games for wailing on a babe.

Sounds very fair to me!

Good.

Four games for "more likely than not" being aware of deflated balls that did not exist.

Sounds very fair to me!
    Yeah, and he is still getting caught up in off field problems too. I would not be surprised to see him with another long term suspension down the road.

I didn't move the goalposts. I've always thought that Brady and Bill retire together.

Also, I don't believe the Matt Cassel season is indicative of what the Pats would be like after Brady leaves. Cassel was given the one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL. With a lesser version of Welker or Moss, that team goes .500 or worse.
    Subtracting the best three players from a roster usually results in a team being worse than .500.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Good.

Sounds very fair to me!
    We get it, you're a Patriots homer with a hardon for Brady. It's getting tiresome.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    We get it, you're a Patriots homer with a hardon for Brady. It's getting tiresome.
    He also gets triggered by statistics.