Register now to remove this ad

Page 108 of 144 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2158

Thread: What floats your boat?

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    No confidence? He'll figure it out soon, some people just take longer than others. He fucking better.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Boobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Or ass. Tough question. I go through phases. I'm in favor of boobies 60/40.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Eh, it depends. If it's a chick with a 10/10 ass and a 0/10 boobs, it's all good!

Kimmi just deleted her account, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I don't have too many good things happening in my life recently.

But I do have two good kids.

Tonight I picked up my 13 year old Daughter for visitation. As much as divorce sucks the big one, at least the drive home from picking the kids up has proven to be a positive. After all, the 35 mile drive can take 45-90 minutes during which said child is captive.

This gives us ample time to have meaningful conversations. Tonight I learned that Sasha not only had participated in an MIT program for advanced math students ( to encourage girls to pursue math ), she scored a 159 out of 160 in her accelerated math mid-term. Holy shit.

I bought Sasha a very nice Yamaha guitar for Christmas. In six weeks she has taught herself how to play pretty well. Of course 5 years of piano lessons from that fucking lunatic Babushka helped. But I'm stunned. She is in the living room lacing the shit out of Smells Like Teen Spirit as I type.

So not everything sucks.

All-Star
    We got beat in softball tonight, badly. Last week, we lost the championship game by one run, to a team we swept 3-0 in our season series. Tonight, we lost 25-10. We'd never lost by more than 4 before. What a shitty night
    And the Lord said, "Go Sox"

People tell me that I'm patronizing.
    (That's when you talk down to people)

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Show View Post
    We got beat in softball tonight, badly. Last week, we lost the championship game by one run, to a team we swept 3-0 in our season series. Tonight, we lost 25-10. We'd never lost by more than 4 before. What a shitty night
    I don't think you meant to post in this thread. Also, sorry to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

Tonight I picked up my 13 year old Daughter for visitation. As much as divorce sucks the big one, at least the drive home from picking the kids up has proven to be a positive. After all, the 35 mile drive can take 45-90 minutes during which said child is captive.

This gives us ample time to have meaningful conversations. Tonight I learned that Sasha not only had participated in an MIT program for advanced math students ( to encourage girls to pursue math ), she scored a 159 out of 160 in her accelerated math mid-term. Holy shit.

I bought Sasha a very nice Yamaha guitar for Christmas. In six weeks she has taught herself how to play pretty well. Of course 5 years of piano lessons from that fucking lunatic Babushka helped. But I'm stunned. She is in the living room lacing the shit out of Smells Like Teen Spirit as I type.

So not everything sucks.
    What you wrote floats my boat! Happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

So not everything sucks.
    It's all about the kids Spud.

Your daughter sounds awesome, and anyone who can score 159 out of 160 on an accelerated math test gets my vote.

This is a well deserved proud father moment for you.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I was watching the beginning of Game 7 2004 ALCS again earlier and the thing I'd forgotten was Papi and Damon's HRs both being first-pitch. That game is never gonna get old for me, but I refuse to watch the part where Tito brings Pedro in.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I don't think you meant to post in this thread. Also, sorry to hear that.
    It's ok, he's a masochist.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

My new showerhead. Shit's like a water saw.

Good showers are good.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star
    Not sure where to post this, but this is a really good short film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk980jV7Ao

The first time you watch it, you might go WTF is this? It's a really cool thing and shows you just being nice to someone or being outgoing and giving someone a nice compliment can go a far way.

XFINITY dropped YES Network!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you