Register now to remove this ad

Page 119 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2158

Thread: What floats your boat?

I have recently discovered that there's an Olympics tv channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I just went outside to have a smoke. A bird of prey, some kind of hawk I guess, flew by me at chest height at about 30-40 mph and about 4 feet from me.

Holy fucking shit was that bird awesome. I watched it land on my building and sit there for several minutes.

Wow.
    Man! Smoking is more dangerous that i thought!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Man! Smoking is more dangerous that i thought!
    lulz
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Today the Red Sox did something really cool. Led by Alex Cora, Sam Kennedy, Chris Sale, Rick Porcello, Christian Vazquez, and Rusney Castillo flew down to Puerto Rico with Mayor Mahty Walsh. They delivered a massive payload of supplies and some baseball gear to Cora's hometown.

I give the Sox and particularly the Sox brass a lot of shit but today I am wicked fucking proud of them for doing this. I hope this aid continues and that good people all over our country remember how great we really have been and that we are all just humans that need each other.

I don't want to politicize this post otherwise I could go on for at least as long as one of Moon's post about OPS comps for switch hitting pinch hitters who live under the Mendoza line 2006-2017 ( inclusive ).

Anyways, well done Sox.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Today the Red Sox did something really cool. Led by Alex Cora, Sam Kennedy, Chris Sale, Rick Porcello, Christian Vazquez, and Rusney Castillo flew down to Puerto Rico with Mayor Mahty Walsh. They delivered a massive payload of supplies and some baseball gear to Cora's hometown.

I give the Sox and particularly the Sox brass a lot of shit but today I am wicked fucking proud of them for doing this. I hope this aid continues and that good people all over our country remember how great we really have been and that we are all just humans that need each other.

I don't want to politicize this post otherwise I could go on for at least as long as one of Moon's post about OPS comps for switch hitting pinch hitters who live under the Mendoza line 2006-2017 ( inclusive ).

Anyways, well done Sox.
    I always like reading and hearing about things like this. Well said Spud.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I am really enjoying that brief period in New England where it is both warming up enough that I can sit outside on my laptop and smoke without being bundled up, and early enough that I am not being swarmed with bugs while doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I am really enjoying that brief period in New England where it is both warming up enough that I can sit outside on my laptop and smoke without being bundled up, and early enough that I am not being swarmed with bugs while doing it.
    Agreed. Being out in the woods with my son was great yesterday. He spent the whole day running around with a big stick, investigating a pond and complaining about litter.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Agreed. Being out in the woods with my son was great yesterday. He spent the whole day running around with a big stick, investigating a pond and complaining about litter.
    That sounds like a good kid you've got there.

...must take after his mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    That sounds like a good kid you've got there.

...must take after his mother.
    Very true.

Lulz.

70 degrees and sunny on a college campus is about as beautiful as it sounds like. These last two days have been fun.
    I can't disagree with you

When after spamming parents for weeks you finally get enough tee-ball coaches.

I'm 3 weeks away from being done with my first year of college.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm 3 weeks away from being done with my first year of college.
    I'm sure you did much better than I did my first year at college.

I'm sure you did much better than I did my first year at college.
    Still room to improve by my standards