Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 144 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What floats your boat?

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Re: What floats your boat?

When "THA YANKEEEEEES LOOOOOOSE!!!111!!!" specially if a guy like Colby Lewis beats them. This day has been so awesome. :lol:

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2010;586729;
    Well I think there is a US air base near me actually, RAF Alconbury but I think they use it for ground ops as they have sold a lot of the land to local developers. You fly a quick plane then?
    No, sir. Not a pilot... I'm just enlisted, you have to be an officer to fly. I'm a mechanic on B-1 Lancers.

And also, New England itself isn't a state -- it's a term used for that particular region of the country and it consists of six states, Massachusetts being one of them.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2010;586752;
    Don't mean to be rude mate, but what is the association with Boston and New England as I thought Boston was in Massachusetts?
    You need to remember that New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut) is really a very small region. It has a well developed interstate system so travel by car anywhere doesn't usually take longer than a few hours. You could fit the outline of New England completely inside the state of Texas, and I think it would still cover only about half.

Extreme northern New England is very rural, almost wild rural. The coasts of CT and RI are rat races. Everything in between is fairly similar in terms of landscape, transit, commerce, early architecture, housing styles, etc., with just population density decreasing as you go north. It's a very homogeneous area as it was all settled and developed in the same period of time by very similar groups.

Boston is a large city that can be crowded and very busy. But it has a certain quality that allows you to go at your own speed and enjoy the restaurants, stores, activities, and numerous historical sites without getting swept up by sheer amount of everyday activity that occurs in a place like New York. As a lifelong resident of southern Connecticut, I'd rather visit Boston than New York and have always considered Boston to be sort of the unofficial capital of New England. New York is really its' own animal, and not at all "New England".
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Now I understand, thanks Yazman!

Hiking with my wife and dogs
    My DVR

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Baseball.
    Collecting baseball cards with relics of famous players, particularly old timers.
    House (the tv show)
    Netflix (esp. the huge choice)

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Puppies. Don't like this picture?

You just bought your one-way ticket to hell.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Cats are better than dogs, and I don't believe in hell. So ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;588670;
    Sikeee!
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;586753;
    When "THA YANKEEEEEES LOOOOOOSE!!!111!!!" specially if a guy like Colby Lewis beats them. This day has been so awesome. :lol:
    Lol funny how this happened again but this time the Yankees were eliminated.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;588670;
    We've already had this discussion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Early release days in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;588326;
    Puppies. Don't like this picture?

You just bought your one-way ticket to hell.
    Love that picture!! Love dogs, but am a cat person.

You're hatred for cats is unimaginable though, haven't figured out if it's a joke or not. Hope so. Animals RULE

Getting all A's and B's the first semester. I keep this up I'll have a car in no time.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

A cigarette after a good meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.