Register now to remove this ad

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1770

Thread: What floats your boat?

  1. #1756
    I get to see my Daughter for the first time in about 6 weeks this weekend.

    I'm broken and broke and have little to look forward to other than Sox games and Netflix.

    My Daughter and my Son mean so much to me. I am not sure they understand that.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  2. #1757
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I get to see my Daughter for the first time in about 6 weeks this weekend.

    I'm broken and broke and have little to look forward to other than Sox games and Netflix.

    My Daughter and my Son mean so much to me. I am not sure they understand that.
    If not now, someday they will understand.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  3. #1758
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I get to see my Daughter for the first time in about 6 weeks this weekend.

    I'm broken and broke and have little to look forward to other than Sox games and Netflix.

    My Daughter and my Son mean so much to me. I am not sure they understand that.
    Good for you Spud. Enjoy the weekend with your daughter.

    And yes, they will grow to understand how much they mean to you, if they don't already realize it.

  4. #1759
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Good for you Spud. Enjoy the weekend with your daughter.

    And yes, they will grow to understand how much they mean to you, if they don't already realize it.
    Thanks. I think my Son realizes it but he is an adult now with his own life.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #1760
    This message is hidden because a700hitter is on your ignore list.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  6. #1761
    We need a middle finger emoticon. Note to YOTN when he buys this site. LOL!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  7. #1762
    a700hitter
    King of TalkSox
    This message is hidden because a700hitter is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    What's that? I can't hear you...
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #1763
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    What's that? I can't hear you...
    ahahaha....... I didn't see this before...
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  9. #1764
    I'm trying to think of something that floats my boat just cause..........

    How's this.......

    My wife's relatives are in town. They pretty much only like and want to eat their home countries food. So they have been cooking amazing food almost everynight.

    But what floats my boat is that everynight a new and different chili sauce shows up at the table. Green chilies and this, red chilies and that, chilies with schredded beef, chilies and garlic and soy sauce. Everyone is more delicious than the last.

    So they wanted a certain dried pepper to make them a certain sauce they wanted to make. I couldn't understand them at first, the wife couldn't translate the pepper. I finally figured out they wanted Bhut jolokia. Which is what we call a Ghost Chili pepper. Which is close to the scoville scale of pepper spray. So I bought them some dried ones at Whole Foods....... the next night.....bam.............. Ghost Chili pepper sauce which they eat like effin ketchup.......... and I eat it a bit and sweat like sitting on the sun....... it's good though.......

    And with every trip to the toilet in the last week after all these chili sauces........... as much as an adventure I have on the toilet......... I am somewhat smiling............ I like having my relatives stay with us no matter how hard it is to communicate and relate with them......
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  10. #1765
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I'm trying to think of something that floats my boat just cause..........

    How's this.......

    My wife's relatives are in town. They pretty much only like and want to eat their home countries food. So they have been cooking amazing food almost everynight.

    But what floats my boat is that everynight a new and different chili sauce shows up at the table. Green chilies and this, red chilies and that, chilies with schredded beef, chilies and garlic and soy sauce. Everyone is more delicious than the last.

    So they wanted a certain dried pepper to make them a certain sauce they wanted to make. I couldn't understand them at first, the wife couldn't translate the pepper. I finally figured out they wanted Bhut jolokia. Which is what we call a Ghost Chili pepper. Which is close to the scoville scale of pepper spray. So I bought them some dried ones at Whole Foods....... the next night.....bam.............. Ghost Chili pepper sauce which they eat like effin ketchup.......... and I eat it a bit and sweat like sitting on the sun....... it's good though.......

    And with every trip to the toilet in the last week after all these chili sauces........... as much as an adventure I have on the toilet......... I am somewhat smiling............ I like having my relatives stay with us no matter how hard it is to communicate and relate with them......
    That certainly beats the shit out of having your Russian Mother-In-Law live with you.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  11. #1766
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I'm trying to think of something that floats my boat just cause..........

    How's this.......

    My wife's relatives are in town. They pretty much only like and want to eat their home countries food. So they have been cooking amazing food almost everynight.

    But what floats my boat is that everynight a new and different chili sauce shows up at the table. Green chilies and this, red chilies and that, chilies with schredded beef, chilies and garlic and soy sauce. Everyone is more delicious than the last.

    So they wanted a certain dried pepper to make them a certain sauce they wanted to make. I couldn't understand them at first, the wife couldn't translate the pepper. I finally figured out they wanted Bhut jolokia. Which is what we call a Ghost Chili pepper. Which is close to the scoville scale of pepper spray. So I bought them some dried ones at Whole Foods....... the next night.....bam.............. Ghost Chili pepper sauce which they eat like effin ketchup.......... and I eat it a bit and sweat like sitting on the sun....... it's good though.......

    And with every trip to the toilet in the last week after all these chili sauces........... as much as an adventure I have on the toilet......... I am somewhat smiling............ I like having my relatives stay with us no matter how hard it is to communicate and relate with them......
    Can you adopt me?
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  12. #1767
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    That certainly beats the shit out of having your Russian Mother-In-Law live with you.
    Russians scare me. They have this "I don't give a crap what happens to me, but I'll mess you up more before it does" attitude............ and I know from experience dealing with those crazy bastards.......
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  13. #1768
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    That certainly beats the shit out of having your Mother-In-Law live with you.
    period.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #1769
    Coffee.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #1770
    I just went outside to have a smoke. A bird of prey, some kind of hawk I guess, flew by me at chest height at about 30-40 mph and about 4 feet from me.

    Holy fucking shit was that bird awesome. I watched it land on my building and sit there for several minutes.

    Wow.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •