Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Ranaudo

Re: Anthony Ranaudo

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;577918;
    Its a bunch of college guys swinging wood against the best competition in the game.
    it goes both ways. it's the best college hitters as well
    budda yaz - i'm trying to be nice so cut me some slack

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz Sideburn;577930;
    it goes both ways. it's the best college hitters as well
    Correct, but pitching has the advantage most of the time anyway and the big change from metal to wood works in their favor too
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;577931;
    Correct, but pitching has the advantage most of the time anyway and the big change from metal to wood works in their favor too
    a college pitcher allowing 0 earned runs in 23+ innings against the best college hitters in baseball is pretty damn impressive regardless

Absolutely was, no doubt about it.
    Hal sucks

It looks like Ranaudo will be heading to a strength and conditioning program (along with a few other top prospects) rather than heading to the AFL.

Thats probably a better long term move to keep him healthy. Although it will delay their ability to evaluate and tweak his arsenal into next season
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;582628;
    It looks like Ranaudo will be heading to a strength and conditioning program (along with a few other top prospects) rather than heading to the AFL.
    we've had pretty good results health wise from other pitchers that have gone through a similar program. it will be good for him longterm and may even help to add some more velocity to his fastball

Ranaudo threw out the 1st pitch for the LSU game today.

In his debut, Ranaudo pitched 5 scoreless innings, allowing 3 hits and a walk, and striking out 4. He threw 75 pitches and topped out at 95 mph.

Beastly so far. Took his first loss the other day without giving up an ER(3 unearned).

Stat line so far in 2011:

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO GO/AO AVG
    1 1 0.46 4 4 0 0 0 19.2 10 4 1 0 8 23 0.55 .152
    2011 Red Sox: :thumbdown , Cool Story Bro.
    Terry Francona is a fine Manager

Ranaudo was an afterthought this yr with Barnes storming the minors. But he had a groin injury that cost him 2 months. But since coming back, he has been Daniel Bard level of awful.

8GS 1-2 6.69ERA 37.2IP 41H 27BB 27K.
    Hal sucks

Ranaudo has been shut down for the season with a dead arm. He is probably just another busted prospect. To paraphrase Bob Gibson's remark to Tim McCarver when he visited the mound, the only thing Theo knows about pitching is that he can't hit it.

Two years ago people were talking about him as being an untouchable. Most guys, even highly sought after draftees, end up on the scrap heap.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

TINSTAAPP.
    Hal sucks

He had injury issues before the Sox drafted him. He fell to them because of that.