Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Fantasy Draft and Discussion Thread

Legend

Re: Anti-Fantasy Draft and Discussion Thread

I was suprised RSFFL picked Phillip Rivers, but then I remembered he was a chargers fan.
    RIP Bob Feller

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suns;578191;
    I was suprised RSFFL picked Phillip Rivers, but then I remembered he was a chargers fan.
    3 or 5 years from now he will be more dominant than he is now. Extremely underrated QB. Let's not keep this for discussion here though. I don't want to ruin the draft thread discussing this.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Geez, I thought that this would have gone faster...

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;578166;
    I have a few questions based on what transpired during the baseball redraft.

1. Can there be trades?
    No trading of picks or players

2. What officially happens when a person is skipped? (ie the next person can pick, but what happens when it's that person's turn
    again and they still have a pick to make up?)[/quote]

Yes, the person makes the pick upon re-entering the thread

3. What will the process be to determine who has the best team (granted, we don't need to know that now)[/quote]

Some kind of vote, well figure it out

4. Can we message each other our picks and have the other poster make our pick in the event that we will be out when it's our turn?[/quote]

Excellent point, a proxy system should absolutely be used in those cases. I encourage everyone to send a regular a list of your picks if you are going to be away.

Edit: 5. Should we also have a "Clubhouse" Thread where we can post our teams in a consolidated fashion (ie each person posts their teams as they are being constructed, rather than having to sift through however many pages this thread turns out to be)[/QUOTE]

Good call, start it up

Deity

Suns will pick after flynnatic, and yrtb can pick after him if he wants in

Deity

I had numerous draft strategies for what I would do depending on where my draft slot fell in the first round. I had already talked myself into not drafting a QB because I am a believer in building from the interior on out. That changed when I got the third draft selection and the first two picks came about.

The BP Spillers are proud to select a guy who I was sure would have gone first or second in this draft, especially considering the board we are on.

With the third selection, we are pleased to welcome Tom Brady, QB to the team.

Deity

I like the Rivers and Manning picks. the Rivers pick may have been a homer pick but you can't dispute Rivers as a top 5 QB right now. He led the Chargers to the conference title game on a torn ACL for crying out loud.

Where things will get interesting is when people pick non-skill positions, IMO.

Deity

JB44 is on the clock And has until 820 pm to pick

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;578334;
    I had numerous draft strategies for what I would do depending on where my draft slot fell in the first round. I had already talked myself into not drafting a QB because I am a believer in building from the interior on out. That changed when I got the third draft selection and the first two picks came about.
    The BP Spillers are proud to select a guy who I was sure would have gone first or second in this draft, especially considering the board we are on.

With the third selection, we are pleased to welcome Tom Brady, QB to the team.

I agree. I'm used to picking a RB first (as one usually would in fantasy football), but I didn't expect to get the 2nd pick and I didn't expect the first pick to be Phil Rivers. At that point, I figured that I had a better chance of getting a decent RB in the 2nd round than a top level QB, as we all knew that Brady would be picked almost immediately, and that Manning and a few other QB's wouldn't make it back either.

Any bets on what the next pick is?

Deity

I pretty much know what the next pick will be (although I do want to stress not naming guys who haven't been picked yet).

I have to question the methodology of wanting to pick a RB first... In my mind there's no more overrated position in football and I don't plan on drafting one for a really long time. There's only two or three backs in the entire league who I'd spend a first round pick on and I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;578349;
    I pretty much know what the next pick will be (although I do want to stress not naming guys who haven't been picked yet).

I have to question the methodology of wanting to pick a RB first... In my mind there's no more overrated position in football and I don't plan on drafting one for a really long time. There's only two or three backs in the entire league who I'd spend a first round pick on and I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on them.

Again, I agree, but the problem is, when everyone else is drafting a RB in the first round, you almost have to join them or else you're going to be at a disadvantage (depending on your draft position of course, otherwise you can cherry pick people off of the top of other positions) That also depends on your confidence in your digging abilities.

Anyway, I'm not sure if one of my questions was answered. What I meant to ask was, let's say someone misses their pick. And another round goes by without them making up their (previous) pick. Obviously, once the 12 hours elapses it'll be the next person's turn, but when it's that person's turn again (in the next round), do we automatically skip them until they make up the pick, or do we give them the 12 hours before skipping that person for a second time.

In addition, can the person that was skipped chime in at any time with his makeup pick(s)?

Deity

If two rounds pass the player is automatically skipped.

Also, this draft snakes (just to be 100% clear)

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;578349;

To the first part, I'm crossing my fingers that JB is skipped.

EDIT: There goes that lol.

Ill take Drew Brees, QB.

I believe that QB is the most important position, so I definitely planned to take one with my first pick. Granted, it would have been difficult to choose if I didn't have a top five pick, but thankfully, I just snuck in there. I understand that most feel the elite QB class contains only four (the four that were selected), but I think that groups includes five, or is about to include five.

Aaron Rodgers, QB

Edited to bold the name, not to change my pick.