Best Control Keith Couch
    Best Defensive Catcher Christian Vazquez
    Best Defensive Infielder Jose Iglesias
    Best Infield Arm Will Middlebrooks
    Best Defensive OF Jackie Bradley
    Best Outfield Arm Che-Hsuan Lin

and SP has some snippet write up:

Middlebrooks

If scouts drew up a blueprint for a third baseman, it would look like Middlebrooks. He has the size, athleticism, power and arm strength coveted at the hot corner. He continues to learn more about his swing and increase his home run production each year, with more to come in the future. Right now, most of his homers come to the opposite field and are line drives that carry out of the park. With his bat speed and the strength in his 6-foot-4, 200-pound frame, he could hit 25 or more homers a season if he turns on more pitches and adds more loft to his stroke.

Bogaerts
    Bogaerts has the highest ceiling among Red Sox prospects. He'll remain at shortstop in 2012, and Boston will have to send him to high Class A Salem at age 19 to challenge him. If he moves just one level a year, he'd still arrive in the majors at 22.

Swihart
    Swihart has the Buster Posey starter kit. There's no reason to think Swihart can't catch, but if Boston wants to expedite his bat, he's athletic enough to play on the infield and outfield corners.

Ranaudo
    After hitting the wall last July, Ranaudo recovered and posted a 2.35 ERA in his final five starts without his sharpest stuff. Ticketed for Double-A in 2012, he profiles as a steady No. 3 starter who could be big league-ready in 2013.

Brentz

The Red Sox were looking for a righthanded bat and a right fielder this offseason. Brentz isn't ready to fill those needs yet, but he could be in mid-2013. A potential .270 hitter with 30-homer power, he's headed to Double-A.

Barnes

Barnes has better pure stuff than Ranaudo, but not as much polish and mound presence. He'll probably follow Ranaudo's path in 2012, making his pro debut in low Class A and pushing for a midseason promotion. Barnes may not need much time in the minors, especially if he regains his curve.

Re: Your Red Sox top prospect lists

Will Middlebrooks
    1. Middlebrooks had multiple options when he came out of Liberty-Eylau High (Texarkana, Texas) in 2007. He threw low 90s fastballs and occasionally spun plus curveballs as a pitcher, and he drew interest from college football programs as both a quarterback and a punter. His future appeared even brighter at third base than on the mound or the gridiron, however, and that was the path he chose. Considered a supplemental first-round talent, Middlebrooks slid to the fifth round because of signability concerns and a commitment to Texas A&M, and he landed an above-slot $925,000 bonus. He has moved slowly but surely through the Red Sox system, improving his performance in each of his four pro seasons. He had his best year yet in 2011, when managers rated him as the best hitting prospect in the Double-A Eastern League. He went 1-for-2 in the Futures Game, earned EL all-star honors and reached Triple-A Pawtucket in August. He finished his year by smacking four homers in 13 Arizona Fall League games before straining a ligament in his left hand chasing a foul ball, an injury that didn't require surgery. Boston added him to its 40-man roster in November.

Scouting Report: If scouts drew up a blueprint for a third baseman, it would look like Middlebrooks. He has the size, athleticism, power and arm strength coveted at the hot corner. He continues to learn more about his swing and increase his home run production each year, with more to come in the future. Right now, most of his homers come to the opposite field and are line drives that carry out of the park. With his bat speed and the strength in his 6-foot-4, 200-pound frame, he could hit 25 or more homers a season if he turns on more pitches and adds more loft to his stroke. Middlebrooks is an aggressive hitter who doesn't walk much and may not hit more than .275 or so in the majors, though that's an acceptable trade-off for everything else he offers. He needs to manage at-bats better and make sure his load and timing don't get out of sync. While he remains streaky, his hot spells are lasting longer and his cold spells are ending more quickly. He's doing a better job of waiting for pitches he can hammer rather than getting himself out early in counts. He also understands that he's at his best when he lets his power come naturally, though he can get home run-conscious at times. Middlebrooks is a below-average runner but moves well for his size and isn't a liability on the bases. He's an asset at third base, where he's extremely agile and has a cannon for his arm. He competes well and has emerged as a leader in the system.

Xander Bogaerts ss
    2. Background: Signed for $410,000 out of Aruba, Bogaerts' 2010 pro debut made him Boston's most highly anticipated international prospect since Hanley Ramirez. When he came to the United States and dominated in extended spring training, the Red Sox sent him to low Class A Greenville at age 18 last June, and he responded by smashing 16 homers in 72 games. His twin brother Jair is a first baseman in the system.

Scouting Report: Bogaerts doesn't look like a teenager when he's in the batter's box. He has an easy swing loaded with natural power, and he makes hard contact to all fields. While he still needs to learn the strike zone, he has already shown the ability to make adjustments and handle breaking balls. He could be a .280 hitter with 30 home runs in the majors, and that might be setting the bar low. Bogaerts has fluid actions at shortstop, but he lacks the quick feet for the position and will eventually outgrow it once he fills out. With his plus athleticism, average speed and a strong arm, he'll be able to transition to third base or right field.

3. Swihart
    Background: Swihart starred with the U.S. national 18-and-under team in 2010, batting .448/.492/.845. The Red Sox drafted him 26th overall last June, making him their highest-drafted catcher since No. 14 pick John Marzano in 1984. Swihart signed at the Aug. 15 deadline for $2.5 million, a franchise record for a position player.

Scouting Report: Swihart has uncommon offensive potential and athleticism for a catcher. A switch-hitter, he handles the bat better from his natural right side and has more pull power as a lefty. In instructional league, he doubled off the wall batting lefthanded against a rehabbing Clay Buchholz. Swihart projects as at least a plus hitter with a chance for average or better power. He has quick feet and moves well behind the plate, showing promising blocking and receiving skills despite catching for little more than a year. He also has plus arm strength and has made strides streamlining his release. He has average speed but will lose a step as he matures.

7. Cecchini

Background: Cecchini might have been a first-round pick in 2010 had he not blown out the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and required reconstructive surgery that March. His rumored price tag made teams back off until the Red Sox drafted him in the fourth round and signed him for $1.31 million at the deadline. He tore up older competition in the short-season New York-Penn League last summer until an errant pitch broke his right wrist in late July. His brother Gavin is a potential first-rounder in the 2012 draft.

Scouting Report:
    Cecchini is the best pure hitter in the system. He has outstanding hand-eye coordination, and he manages at-bats and controls the strike zone well for a youngster. He inside-outs a lot of balls now, and he should have solid power once he gets stronger and turns on more pitches. Cecchini worked diligently to get back in shape after his knee injury, regaining his average speed. A high school shortstop, he moved to third base at Lowell and made 10 errors in 26 games. He has the hands, arm and agility to get the job done once he learns the position.

8. Barnes
    Background: The Red Sox fell in love with Barnes when they saw him duel Anthony Ranaudo in a Cape Cod League matchup in 2010, and they were delighted to get him with the 19th overall pick last June. He set a Connecticut school record with 247 career strikeouts and led the Huskies to their first-ever NCAA super-regional in 2011. He signed minutes before the Aug. 15 deadline for $1.5 million.

Scouting Report:
    Barnes can work in the mid-90s with his fastball as a starter, holding his velocity deep into games and topping out at 97. His effortless heat and explosive life are reminiscent of Daniel Bard's. Barnes had a quality curveball in the past, though it regressed in 2011 when he started working on a slider that Boston likely will have him scrap. He has made progress with his changeup but it lacks consistency. Barnes throws strikes but sometimes misses up in the zone when he doesn't stay on top of his pitches. He has an easy delivery but it lacks deception.

All-Star

Would anyone be interested in a Yankees-Red Sox who has the best farm debate? Even after Montero being dealt I still like the Yankees farm, but I do give the Sox credit for what they have.

I don't mean to sound offensive, but it seems like you're looking for a trolling opportunity. We know you think the Yankees farm is better, so save us the trouble.
    We miss you Mike.

All-Star

Nope I was just trying to guage interest. I was thinking if maybe one or two red sox fans thought their farm was better we could have a debate. Maybe even expand it each week to something different, like bullpen, lineup, rotation.

I BELIEVE SPUDBOY HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE.... ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN TERM OF MLB CAREERS

Bogaerts will top that list soon now that Middlebrooks is on his way to being an everyday 3B .. I see Iggy is down to #12 on the list now haha.. I want to see that kid succeed so badly, but he just cant put the bat on the ball consistently enough

Barnes has been beyond ridiculous thus far. He started in the SALLY league, and dominated. Moved up to High A Salem, and had his first outing today.

His line tonight? 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 12 (!!!!) K's.

He now has 54 K's in 34.2 IP and a 0.55 ERA this year. This kid could be special.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Also in Salem, Jackie Bradley Jr. is playing like he should be in Portland.

Through 26 games this season, he's hitting .366/.488(!!!)/.538, 8 Doubles, 1 Triple, 2 HR, 11 SB (1 CS).

And everyone absolutely raves about his defense.

This team has some absolute studs in the lower minors between Bradley, Barnes, Bogaerts, and Swihart. Those could all be perennial all-star caliber players.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Wow Barnes had 12 K huh. Consistency will be key obviously with him, but I too would like to see Bradley at least get to AA by the end of the season, which Im sure he will with those numbers. 22 is too old for a legit prospect to be playing in single A (in my book)

All-Star

About halfway through the minor league year....

Here's my red sox list.

1. Barnes- having a great year. Could be in the rotation in 2014.
    2. Xander- I've actually been a fan of his for a long time, even before it was the trendy thing to do.
    3. Cecchini- Liked him from day one too. Personal favorite.
    4. Lavarnway- Looking like a solid replacement at DH. 280/20 homeruns. Could be nice as a 6th/7th hitter.
    5. Jacobs- Another personal favorite. Really like him.
    6. JBJ- I'm not really a fan, but giving him some respect since he's having a really good season.
    -I think here the system takes a drop off in talent, a good system though.-
    7. Alex Wilson- looking like a solid 5th starter or even nice 7th inning arm.
    8. Swihart- Not the best year, but still have to respect the ceiling.
    9. Iglesias- Obviously a great glove, horrible bat.
    10. De La Cruz- I like this guy. a sleeper for sure