Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 ALCS: Yankees @ Rangers

Re: 2010 ALCS: Yankees @ Rangers

Right now it is AJ in game 4. I highly doubt it will be if we arent up 2-1 or 3-0. I think the more likely scenario, seeing as this series should be a dogfight is...

1- CC
    2- Pettitte
    3- Hughes
    4- CC
    5- AJ ( as long as it isnt an elimination game)
    6- Pettitte
    7- CC
    Hal sucks

Also, being on the road isnt that much of a disadvantage, as we dont see Lee in the first 2 games and we get to throw our best at them in 1 and 2. I have never liked the 2-3-2 setup for the home team as it sets up for a good chance to lose if the WC team takes 1 of the first 2.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;585988;
    So Tommy Hunter and Colby Lewis can get hammered, but Texas can't hammer any of the non-CC starters?

News to me.
    A.J. has had a terrible season, but he does have good stuff if he can pull himself together. Pettitte has always been a good big game pitcher. Hunter has nothing. He reminds me of Al Nipper. Colby Lewis? Come on. Do you want him on the mound for your team or Pettitte? It's not even debatable.

What's your prediction? I'm going with the Yanks in 5. I can't see it going any further than that. If the Rangers come charging out of the gate and the Yanks are flat and the Rangers win 2 of the first 3 games, the Rangers would have the advantage with a rested Lee going in game 7. The only way the Rangers can win is if they can extend the series to 7 games.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

I have no prediction. There's always the possibility of an absolute unknown (Lewis) or a guy who's been a bust all year long (Burnett) to decide it's time to sack up and give his team the boost to win the series. I won't pretend like i know exactly how effective some of these guys could or couldn't be against the Yankees because i haven't seen them enough to have a really well thought-out opinion about them. But, this is a short series, and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;585999;
    I have no prediction. There's always the possibility of an absolute unknown (Lewis) or a guy who's been a bust all year long (Burnett) to decide it's time to sack up and give his team the boost to win the series. I won't pretend like i know exactly how effective some of these guys could or couldn't be against the Yankees because i haven't seen them enough to have a really well thought-out opinion about them. But, this is a short series, and anything can happen.
    Oh, come on sack up and give a prediction. No one knows what is going to happen. Not even me. It just seems that way, because I am usually right.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

My prediction prior to the playoffs was a Rangers-Phillies WS. But the Yankees looked dominant in Minnesota. Lets just say I am cautiously optimistic in my Yanks
    Hal sucks

Rangers in 7, with Clifton Phifer Lee, who is untouchable right now, winning two games, CJ Wilson winning one, and a fourth one being won in a slugfest.

The Rangers are not the Twins.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;585990;
    Also, being on the road isnt that much of a disadvantage, as we dont see Lee in the first 2 games and we get to throw our best at them in 1 and 2. I have never liked the 2-3-2 setup for the home team as it sets up for a good chance to lose if the WC team takes 1 of the first 2.
    I think that is somewhat mitigated by having their LHP going in Arlington and their RHP throwing 2/3 games in Yankee Stadium.

Yankees did a pretty good job against Wilson this year, waiting him out by working the count and allowing him to beat himself. He only pitched 14 innings against the Yankees in 3 starts, all of which the Rangers lost; posting a 5.65 ERA.

Hughes has been dominant in Rangers stadium this year, almost threw a no hitter there earlier in the season.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;586057;
    Hughes has been dominant in Rangers stadium this year, almost threw a no hitter there earlier in the season.
    Yeah, he was only 8 innings short of a no-no. :lol:

BTW, he threw one inning against the Rangers all year. It's not 2007 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;586041;
    Rangers in 7, with Clifton Phifer Lee, who is untouchable right now, winning two games, CJ Wilson winning one, and a fourth one being won in a slugfest.

The Rangers are not the Twins.
    They are not the Twins. That is why I am predicting that they will win a game.

They'll win more than one game. This series is at least going 6. I say Rangers in 7. Could go either way, though.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;586067;
    They are not the Twins. That is why I am predicting that they will win a game.
    If you don't think Cliff Lee can beat the Yankees twice while not going up against CC, then i don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;586068;
    They'll win more than one game. This series is at least going 6. I say Rangers in 7. Could go either way, though.
    Other than Lee and Wilson, I don't see anyone else winning a game for Texas to get it to a 7th game. It would have to be a slugfest game, and I don't see that happening. If the Yanks lose game 2, they'll have CC ready to start three games.

Its obvious that Lee pitches game 3 but the question is ... is he pitching game 6 or 7 ?