Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Happy truck day

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    What? These guys don't even have to buy their own SEEDS??? Do then need a raise in pay???
    Or bubblegum.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I bet they don't even wipe their own asses anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

@craigcalcaterra

I've asked this before, but I've never gotten a good answer: why don't baseball teams just order sunflower seeds and gum to be delivered to their spring training facilities rather than pay for their own gas to ship it themselves on trucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @craigcalcaterra

I've asked this before, but I've never gotten a good answer: why don't baseball teams just order sunflower seeds and gum to be delivered to their spring training facilities rather than pay for their own gas to ship it themselves on trucks?
    The same could be asked of many supplies like baseballs.

My guess is these supplies are ordered in great quantity for the season or a large part of the season. While carrying large inventory can be expensive, maybe clubs have some sort of financial advantage doing things this way. Or maybe no one is paying attention? I doubt that.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

My guess is that they typically warehouse everything close to Boston. Supplies from Spring Training would have to be sent back to Boston at some point before the start of the season anyway via truck (all the MLB player helmets, bats, etc.). May as well just ship everything to Boston and stock the truck there.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Hopefully, the truck can pick up a big hitter en route.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."