Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Mechanical Watches, which one is your favorite?

  1. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Wow, to think this entire time there was a thread on mechanical watches, and I was unaware of it.
    wait til you get a load of my thread on mechanical pencils.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I haven't worn a watch since high school. Usually I use a cell phone to check the time, but as I don't have one now I just check the clock wherever I happen to be. If there isn't one around, there's usually another person around, I just ask if they can tell me the time. I haven't had someone reply with the snidely hip 1950's "it's time to get a watch" yet, but I was considering paying a day laborer to follow me around with a solid marble sundial strapped to his back, so I suppose I could pay him to bludgeon people with it if they respond that way. Of course, for the price of hiring a Mexican immigrant to carry around an 800-pound ancient Roman timepiece I could just buy a cell phone. Plus, of course, sundials only work well when stationary and paying people to commit violent crimes on your behalf is a felony. But I really do hate it when people say "it's time to get a watch". Just tell me the time, don't be a dick.
    Wow, am I really this long-winded when I try to be funny? Why hasn't anyone told me this?


  3. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    wait til you get a load of my thread on mechanical pencils.
    I wait with bated breath. I am fond of pencils.

  4. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Wow, am I really this long-winded when I try to be funny? Why hasn't anyone told me this?
    I giggled while reading that post you just quoted. So, long-winded or not, mission accomplished.

  5. #50
    I don't have any pics but my collection is

    Brietling Navitmer Chronograph
    Omega De Ville
    Tag Aquaracer Chronograph
    Raymond Weil Classic

  6. #51
    Here's a good watch if you want a useless piece of shit on your wrist.

    https://www.watches.com/slow-jo-dark-vintage-br-sil-cre
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #52
    I'm used to look at my phone if I need to know the time.
    Though, I would like to find some of those cheep and functional watches some day.

  8. #53
    I have a huge collection of watches..... Ranging from Fossil watches to Omega watches. As for mechanical My fossil mechanical watch (imo) is super nice. I will post a picture later tonight when I get home. My fave watch of my collection is my Omega Planet Ocean though

  9. #54
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I have a huge collection of watches..... Ranging from Fossil watches to Omega watches. As for mechanical My fossil mechanical watch (imo) is super nice. I will post a picture later tonight when I get home. My fave watch of my collection is my Omega Planet Ocean though
    I'd like to see that collection mate. I like my collection as well —20 years have took me to get them. I have bought and sold several pieces through these years. At this point I have a Jaeger LeCoultre, an AP Offshore, 2 Panerai, a Rolex Submarine, a Rolex Deep Sea and, a Cartier Santos.

    Not sure if I can upload a video of my babies here but I'll try.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  10. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I'd like to see that collection mate. I like my collection as well —20 years have took me to get them. I have bought and sold several pieces through these years. At this point I have a Jaeger LeCoultre, an AP Offshore, 2 Panerai, a Rolex Submarine, a Rolex Deep Sea and, a Cartier Santos.

    Not sure if I can upload a video of my babies here but I'll try.
    And all of them tell the time as well as a $10 Casio.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #56
    Recently I've been thinking of upgrading to a watch in the $1,000 - $3,000 range. That would be a huge increase from the cost of my current one. But I just can't justify that cost for something I'll glance at a couple of times a day. There are cheaper status symbols out there.

    Of course this would change if I was loaded, but sadly I'm not.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •