Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 MLB Draft Thread

Re: 2011 MLB Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;658213;
    Haha, if you use a time capsule, why not just move forward in time to see how the prospects actually turned out :lol:

Then I might shoot myself when Francona mismanages them.

You can go to www.mlb.com/live to watch the draft as it unfolds.

Bubba Starling is the first position player taken. What a great name.

The Nationals could be a very scary team in a few years.. Zimmerman, Strasburg, Harper and now Rendon? Wow.

Bauer and Bradley in the same draft is pretty epic for Arizona. That'll cost quite a bit to sign them both though.

Yeah Arizona just bent over this draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Baseball is so strange in that teams draft positions that they have great talent at already (i.e. the Tribe just drafting Lindor with Asdrubal playing now). You don't see that in football, at least not in the 1st round.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

I didn't think they'd have the balls to do it, since they weren't able to sign their first rounder last year.

Exactly. Heard that Archie Bradley seeking $20mm. That's laughable.

Wow. Back to back teams drafting SS with young, talented SS on the MLB team right now

I think the Cubs might have the first reach (albeit not too bad of one) of the draft thus far.

Another reach pick (Spangenberg I think) coming up for the Padres, I had mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Major Leaguer

One of my favorite times of the year
    Go hard every day

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44;658231;
    The Nationals could be a very scary team in a few years.. Zimmerman, Strasburg, Harper and now Rendon? Wow.
    If he's ever healthy. They built him up to be so good, that's what I hate about hype, if that if they start to have injuries, he'll never live it down if he isn't absolutely the sickest pitcher we've seen in a while. He's got the Mark Prior hype treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

I wonder if the Astros are taking an OF. I'd imagine that George Springer (Uconn) would have to be the best available, well outside of Bell who has the signability concerns.