Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Really liked Pawtucket's lineup last night

Really liked Pawtucket's lineup last night

I thought Beyeler made all the best moves with what he has at the moment when he arranged last night's batting order even before the first pitch. My conviction was emboldened after a balanced offense got the job done, especially with Middlebrooks finally getting into the hit column.

At least until (when and if) guys like Lavarnway and Sutton get back, I would say stick to this same basic arrangement. The only alterations (which are pretty much necessary on a day-to-day basis) I would make would have Luna and Anderson switching between first base and DH, Kalish rotating in and out with the other outfielders and Spring occasionally giving Exposito some time off behind the plate.

Re: Really liked Pawtucket's lineup last night

I spoke too soon on Kalish. It looks like he's returning to the DL, which is most unfortunate for him considering the year he's had already.

But the PawSox still have the multifaceted Nate Spears to function as a fourth outfielder and, in turn, can use Tony Thomas in the infield once in a while. That wouldn't be anything to sneeze at.