Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Xander Bogaerts

Re: Xander Bogaerts

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Show;753574;
    DiceK's situation is different. He was playing professionally overseas unlike Iggy.
    Plus they signed DiceK to an MLB deal. Iglesias signed a minor league deal. DiceK's FA clock started ticking immediately because he fulfilled the requirements in his first year.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Deity

Everywhere I've looked lists Iglesias's contract as 4 years (2010-2013). If it is a minor league contract, what happens after the 4th season? Free agent? Arb 2-3?

Quote Originally Posted by example1;753876;
    Everywhere I've looked lists Iglesias's contract as 4 years (2010-2013). If it is a minor league contract, what happens after the 4th season? Free agent? Arb 2-3?
    He's on the 40 man roster. He's eaten up 2 option yrs. Next yr is his final option yr. After that, they need to keep him in the bigs or waive him
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;753527;
    Dude come on now. There is no argument to be made that the Sox care more about defense than offense at the SS position. Just look at ST this year. Iglesias was hands down a better defender, and it's not even close. He could be the best defensive SS in the MLB right now, but he would be a .200 hitter at best.

The reason they went with Aviles is because he's a better offensive player. The difference between Iggy and Aviles defensively is about equal to the difference between the two offensively as well.
    Where did i say that they care more about defense than offense? What is it with you and foregoing what i'm saying to interpret something i'm not saying? All i'm trying to say here is that they're not completely indifferent against defense at SS and some of their prior moves show this. They would like to find a guy who's league average at the plate and can play good D, but a SS like that is hard to find.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;753526;
    And how long did Cabrera and Gonzalez last exactly? They were stopgap solutions. The FO wants Iggy to succeed and be the shortstop of the future... but he needs to hit better than .200.
    But that doesn't mean they don't care about defense at SS, which is exactly what i'm trying to argue.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;754036;
    Where did i say that they care more about defense than offense? What is it with you and foregoing what i'm saying to interpret something i'm not saying? All i'm trying to say here is that they're not completely indifferent against defense at SS and some of their prior moves show this. They would like to find a guy who's league average at the plate and can play good D, but a SS like that is hard to find.
    That's fair. The way it came off, to me anyway, was that they care more about D then O.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Personally id give Iggy about another season to develop that swing and up the BA by at least .50. If he doesn't produce then screw bring the kid (Bogaerts) up to AAA and if he fares well then we may have our SS of the future. I know everyone is saying he's projected as a 3B at the big leage level, but Middlebrooks will be a great player in time. Why not have the best of both worlds? Let them play next to each other. I've seen nothing too negative about Bogaerts defensively. Now I know he's not Iglesias, but he's good in his own right

Big game for Bogaerts. 3-3, HR (#8), 2B, BB, 2 R, RBI

Getting his AVG up to .292 and SLG near .500

Beast lately, almost .400 for June with 4 HR in ~40 AB all while increasing his walk rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Bogaerts is beginning to break out, a 4/4 last night.

June: .365 .446 .667 with 5HR.

If he gets promoted to Portland this year, then he's in range for a callup in the second half of next season.

If there's any chance at all he's an actual shortstop, that'd be pretty exciting. With Middlebrooks though, if Bogaerts wants a real chance to stick here, he's got to stay at short.

As for Iglesias, I'll call it now. One of the finest utility men in the game. Brilliant defensive replacement type. That's not intended to demean him as such -- there's a place for players like that in the big leagues, and he would be among the very best of them. could probably fill in as a D-only starter on a weak team well enough but we're not a weak team..
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji;774698;
    If he gets promoted to Portland this year, then he's in range for a callup in the second half of next season.

If there's any chance at all he's an actual shortstop, that'd be pretty exciting. With Middlebrooks though, if Bogaerts wants a real chance to stick here, he's got to stay at short.

As for Iglesias, I'll call it now. One of the finest utility men in the game. Brilliant defensive replacement type. That's not intended to demean him as such -- there's a place for players like that in the big leagues, and he would be among the very best of them. could probably fill in as a D-only starter on a weak team well enough but we're not a weak team..
    I doubt Bogaerts gets promoted this season. Only 19, and I think they'd like him to get a full season in high A..no need to rush him. most scouts say he won't be able to stick at SS, but it would be really nice if he could given the log jam in the OF and WMB.

I don't think Iglesias will ever be anything special with the bat, but the kid needs some time. He had a hand full of at bats last season in AAA before getting injured. He really should have been in AA with his lack of experience at the plate.
    STOP PLAYING SWEET CAROLINE.

He just went yard again.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi Sox;774864;
    He just went yard again.
    Unreal, that was #6 in June.

For the month .347 .444 .640

Quickly learning high A isn't so tough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13;775126;
    Unreal, that was #6 in June.

For the month .347 .444 .640

Quickly learning high A isn't so tough for him.
    In a league that usually hinders power. kid is going to be a stud. Have to wonder when they'll try to switch him to the OF.