Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Xander Bogaerts

Re: Xander Bogaerts

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi Sox;775140;
    In a league that usually hinders power. kid is going to be a stud. Have to wonder when they'll try to switch him to the OF.
    Gotta think they're going to try their hardest to keep him at SS for as long as possible. I remember people were saying both HanRam and A-Rod was going to outgrow SS as well.

If we can get Bogaerts to stick at SS with WMB at 3B, Pedroia at 2B, and Gonzo at 1B, that could be a ridiculous IF.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;775145;
    Gotta think they're going to try their hardest to keep him at SS for as long as possible. I remember people were saying both HanRam and A-Rod was going to outgrow SS as well.

If we can get Bogaerts to stick at SS with WMB at 3B, Pedroia at 2B, and Gonzo at 1B, that could be a ridiculous IF.
    Agreed, and that's what I've been hoping for. I've just seen so many scouts say he can't stay in SS. I'd much rather him stay there since our OF is getting stacked. He still has to fill out a lot.
    STOP PLAYING SWEET CAROLINE.

Bogaerts just hit another absolute mammoth bomb right now. Salem leads 3-0.

Damn cannot wait to see him here. He is possibly a top 20 prospect right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13;775564;
    Bogaerts just hit another absolute mammoth bomb right now. Salem leads 3-0.

Damn cannot wait to see him here. He is possibly a top 20 prospect right now.
    Was just about to post this. And yeah he should be at least top 20 next season.

As a 19 year old in High A he's hitting .295/.375/.500 with a .875 OPS

Oh my gawddddddddd

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi Sox;775152;
    Agreed, and that's what I've been hoping for. I've just seen so many scouts say he can't stay in SS. I'd much rather him stay there since our OF is getting stacked. He still has to fill out a lot.
    He made 26 errors in 71 games last year.

Hes made 15 errors in 70 games thus far this year.

All-Star

Maybe he'll be better than WMB and we can make yet another trade.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi Sox;775812;
    As a 19 year old in High A he's hitting .295/.375/.500 with a .875 OPS

Oh my gawddddddddd
    Sally League destroys power, too. So his numbers are just eye popping.

HanRam as a 19 year old in SALLY League: .275/.327/.403, 8 HR, 111 Games.

Josh Hamilton as a 19 year old in SALLY League: .302/.348/.476, 13 HR, 96 Games

Xander Bogaerts as a 19 year old in SALLY League: .295/.375/.500, 11 HR, 70 Games.

EDIT: Shit - Sorry guys. Hamilton and HanRam didn't play in the Carolina league. I got the SALLY and Carolina league confused. My bad. Disregard.

For what it's worth, though, HanRam didn't make it to A+ ball before he was 20. When he did, he was 20, and had a .793 OPS.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxbeatz;775852;
    Maybe he'll be better than WMB and we can make yet another trade.
    If he doesn't stick at 3B, they'll stick in him a corner OF.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;775865;
    Sally League destroys power, too. So his numbers are just eye popping.

HanRam as a 19 year old in SALLY League: .275/.327/.403, 8 HR, 111 Games.

Josh Hamilton as a 19 year old in SALLY League: .302/.348/.476, 13 HR, 96 Games

Xander Bogaerts as a 19 year old in SALLY League: .295/.375/.500, 11 HR, 70 Games.

:blink:
    That some pretty good company. I don't think it all that hard to believe he'd move to OF though. Good athleticism, range, size.. Bj Upton-like?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthieFanatic;775908;
    That some pretty good company. I don't think it all that hard to believe he'd move to OF though. Good athleticism, range, size.. Bj Upton-like?
    More like Justin Upton-like IMO.

But I think HanRam is a very good comp for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthieFanatic;775908;
    Way higher ceiling than BJ Upton.

Gotta wonder - if Bogaerts continues to OPS over .850 and hits 12-15 HR by late July, do you promote him to Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;775934;
    Gotta wonder - if Bogaerts continues to OPS over .850 and hits 12-15 HR by late July, do you promote him to Portland?
    If he has 15+ HR than I say yes. I think they want him in Salem for a full season though.

Bogaerts launched his 12th HR tonight.

Now hitting .295/.374/.500.