Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/30 vs Yankees

8/30 vs Yankees

My internet has been spotty since Irene so last minute thread.

Sabathia vs. Lackey.

Re: 8/30 vs Yankees

This thread has the official blessing of the JLDNSC. And, as always, I will be posted the mentally challenged gems from our friends at NYYfans throughout the night, here's an appetizer:

1. Said it last year, said it earlier this year, still stand by it... I prefer D-Rob to any non-closer out there, including Bard.

2.Yankees will win this series

----------

Fuck the Yanks, fuck their fans, and above all, GO SOX!
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Seems like our lineup and rotation could be complete soon...

BOSTON -- Pitcher Clay Buchholz, given the green light to resume baseball activity by the Boston Red Sox medical staff, played a game of catch with trainer Mike Reinold Tuesday afternoon. Manager Terry Francona said he threw the ball about 25 times from 60 feet, and the team has no plans to ramp up his activity in the immediate future.

More On The Red Sox

Gordon Edes and the rest of the ESPNBoston.com team have the Red Sox covered for you. Blog
    Buchholz has been on the disabled list since June 19 (retroactive to June 17) with a stress fracture in his lower back. It's still unclear whether Buchholz will be able to pitch again this season.

"We're going to take this very deliberately," Francona said. "We'll see how it goes. He'll do this (play catch) every other day for a while.

"Whether this turns into him pitching or not, we don't know.''

Buchholz, a 17-game winner last season, is 6-3 with a 3.48 ERA in 14 starts this year.

Meanwhile, outfielder J.D. Drew, who has been on the disabled list since July 26 (retroactive to July 20) with a left shoulder impingement, is expected to rejoin the Red Sox on Thursday after playing two games this week for Triple-A Pawtucket, Francona said Tuesday.

Third baseman Kevin Youkilis also is scheduled to play for Pawtucket on Tuesday and Wednesday, Francona said, and will be re-activated Friday, the first day he is eligible to come off the 15-day DL, which he was placed on Aug. 18 with a lower back strain.

Friday is also the day rosters can be expanded with other players off the team's 40-man roster. Francona said the team expects to add a pitcher -- Felix Doubront or Kyle Weiland figure to be strong candidates.

"But other than that,'' Francona said, "we'll almost take it day by day.''

Catcher Ryan Lavarnway also will be added, but since the Red Sox optioned him back to Pawtucket last Friday, he's not eligible to return until Sept. 5, Francona said.

The Red Sox have gone 8-3 without cleanup hitter Youkilis as Dustin Pedroia has batted .341 with a home run and an OPS of .913 in the 4-spot over that span.

Drew has missed 38 games to date, the Red Sox going 24-14 without him. Rookie Josh Reddick has received the majority of playing time in his absence, coming into Tuesday's game with a .283 average and six home runs. Reddick has struggled at the plate this month. In 21 games since his last multihit game Aug. 5 against the Yankees in Fenway Park, Reddick is batting just .140 (8-for-57) with a .197 on-base average and .246 slugging percentage.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Getting Clay back would be huge. Hopefully he can return and give us something down the stretch.

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Woohoooo

I should have brought a radio in to work tonight

BOSTON -- Pitcher Clay Buchholz, given the green light to resume baseball activity by the Boston Red Sox medical staff, played a game of catch with trainer Mike Reinold Tuesday afternoon. Manager Terry Francona said he threw the ball about 25 times from 60 feet, and the team has no plans to ramp up his activity in the immediate future.
    Uhoh... I think everyone missed something.

RED SOX (82-51)
    Ellsbury CF
    Scutaro SS
    Gonzalez 1B
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Lowrie 3B
    Crawford LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    McDonald RF
    Pitching: RHP John Lackey (12-9, 5.98)

YANKEES (80-52)
    Gardner LF
    Jeter SS
    Granderson CF
    Teixeira 1B
    Cano 2B
    Swisher RF
    Chavez 3B
    Posada DH
    Cervelli C

Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (17-7, 2.99)

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;690314;
    Uhoh... I think everyone missed something.
    I don't think so. This is pretty much what we all expected. Since there are no minor league games, there's no reason to push him. If he is able to take the ball in a relief role in the last series at the end of September, then maybe he can throw a couple innings in the ALDS and ALCS.

To say that by late October (WS) he could potentially be available to piggy back a start with Aceves coming in after him, that's not at all out of the question IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

VA, the lineup is missing!...

EFIT: almost, my bad!:harhar:

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

I think an ERA raise is in order for Sabathia, maybe Lackey can donate a run or two.

Over/under on 5 souls eaten by John tonight?

I hate splits but Lackey's numbers last 9 games are 4.11 ERA and 7-1

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;690326;
    I hate splits but Lackey's numbers last 9 games are 4.11 ERA and 7-1
    I'm telling you man. The dude doesn't suck. If you convert quick enough, you can look very smart by game's end.

MVP my ass. Sexy inning by Lackey right there.