Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/31 vs. Yankees

All-Star

Re: 8/31 vs. Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;690884;
    Thank God I'm not the only one who sees it that way. Losing to the Yankees makes me a very angry and irrational human being, hopefully such an occurence can be avoided for the next two nights.
    Then you're not a very happy man overall.

I'm a Red Sox fan but the Yankees have the upper hand in this rivalry.

Is in their heads. Red Sox have a knack for losing to the Yankees. Its like they expect to be beat before the games.

At least that's being the case in previous years.

I dont mind the Red Sox losing to the Yankees themselves. Its how the Yankees fandom makes it look that gets me.

They think beating the Red Sox is something other-worldly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reck;690887;

Is in their heads. Red Sox have a knack for losing to the Yankees. Its like they expect to be beat before the games.

I dont mind the Red Sox losing to the Yankees themselves. Its how the Yankees fandom makes it look that gets me.

:blink:

You do realize we've destroyed them this year, right? The season series had been a split for every one of the past seasons since the series was shortened to 18 games, save for this year. And the last time we met in the playoffs, you remember what happened. We have no "knack" for losing to New York, we can beat them and have done so quite handily this year.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Schilling! If he can refrain from being a right wing blowhard, this could be cool to listen to.

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Reck;690887;

I hate this inferiority complex. Sure, historically the Yankees have won more, but in recent years it's been dead even. Nobody has the upper hand.

Is the reception shitty for anyone else?

K.

Josh Fucking Beckett.

Pound this bum!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;690898;
    I hate this inferiority complex. Sure, historically the Yankees have won more, but in recent years it's been dead even. Nobody has the upper hand.
    Inferiority complex? Whatever you are talking about.

Its fact. Its called being a realist.

Do I like it that the Yankees have had more success against my team? Of course not.

I'm just not a Red Sox homer that will look past reality and crawl under a rock because they lose a game and you dont want to read, or tune to EPSN because you're afraid to find out that the Red Sox loss a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reck;690904;
    Inferiority complex? Whatever you are talking about.

Its fact. Its called being a realist.

Do I like it that the Yankees have had more success against my team? Of course not.

I'm just not a Red Sox homer that will look past reality and crawl under a rock because they lose a game and you dont want to read, or tune to EPSN because you're afraid to find out that the Red Sox loss a game.
    Dude, it isn't 2003 anymore. We beat those fuckers in the most embarassing possible fashion and we don't have to bow down to them anymore.

Not cool. It's Phil Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;690905;
    Dude, it isn't 2003 anymore. We beat those fuckers in the most embarassing possible fashion and we don't have to bow down to them anymore.
    Exactly. Who cares what happened in the 20th century? It's completely irrelevant right now.

Anybody wanna guess when Hughes decides to implode?

I love that little wave-off by Beckett at the end of the inning. I missed Josh F. Beckett. Nice to see him back. Maybe he can get his close friend Jon F. Lester to drop by more often too.
    PRESIDENT OF THE CARL CRAWFORD IS A BUST CLUB
    He just looks so lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeepYoureDumb;690910;
    I love that little wave-off by Beckett at the end of the inning. I missed Josh F. Beckett. Nice to see him back. Maybe he can get his close friend Jon F. Lester to drop by more often too.
    Nothing is more intimidating than a pissed off Josh Beckett, he's gonna kill somebody one day. It's great seeing him fired up.