Register now to remove this ad

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: 9/1 vs. Yankees

Re: 9/1 vs. Yankees

It's pretty much just you saying he's got a good WAR, and me stating how he's a bad hitter, and that he's ineffective sooner rather than later. His WAR is all in his defense, and his offense is all due to how many pitches he takes. You never once mentioned stats from 2009 or his current stats, just 2010. I did at first say that his 2010 was offensively was mediocre, but I was referring to his hitting, which is why I mentioned OPS/OPS+. Last year was good, his .760 OPS last year wasn't very impressive at all, but his value is in his speed and OBP, which I would acknowledge.

You never mentioned anything about 2011, or 2009, the two years that are most identical to each other, and we most identical to each other when the discussion took place. Either way, he's the product of whatever perfectage he gets on base. I tell you, I don't see that being very effective a few years from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

What you are doing right now is selecting Gardner without the full season and after an abysmal month. It's easy to pcik times in the season when a player is at his worst and say he isnt very good. We should see how he does in September before making judgements.
    Hal sucks

Deity

I blame Lester and his crappy start.You cant throw close to 40 pitches in the first inning.He needs to work on his damn control.I am not confident right now in a game 2 with him come the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;691766;
    What you are doing right now is selecting Gardner without the full season and after an abysmal month. It's easy to pcik times in the season when a player is at his worst and say he isnt very good. We should see how he does in September before making judgements.
    How? I said he was good for whatever his OBP is, .350 is decent, but he just takes pitches all the time, he's not aggressive at all, and this will be a problem when the league catches on.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;691765;
    It's pretty much just you saying he's got a good WAR, and me stating how he's a bad hitter, and that he's ineffective sooner rather than later. His WAR is all in his defense, and his offense is all due to how many pitches he takes. You never once mentioned stats from 2009 or his current stats, just 2010. I did at first say that his 2010 was offensively was mediocre, but I was referring to his hitting, which is why I mentioned OPS/OPS+. Last year was good, his .760 OPS last year wasn't very impressive at all, but his value is in his speed and OBP, which I would acknowledge.

You never mentioned anything about 2011, or 2009, the two years that are most identical to each other, and we most identical to each other when the discussion took place. Either way, he's the product of whatever perfectage he gets on base. I tell you, I don't see that being very effective a few years from now.
    I never mentioned those years because the point I was making had nothing to do with those years, or any future years. It wasn't about projecting him forward, but rather about defending his 2010 season. The discussion started between a700 and me, and that's what the topic was ... how effective he was 2010. My only argument was that, in 2010, he was excellent defensively and good offensively. I completely agree with you and ORS about the flaws in his offensive game, and he'll have to change his approach moving forward.

I'll steal your catchphrase here, "fair enough".

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;691772;
    I'll steal your catchphrase here, "fair enough".
    Haha nicely done.

I didn't get to catch the game. Can anyone tell me what rivers last pitch looked like? I caught the first game of the series a few days ago and Rivera got some generous calls on pitches outside that even YES commentators found to be lucky.

On the pitch chart, it looked like the ball's top left corner was just touching the very edges of the bottom right corner of the zone. It was a really close call, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by v2freak;691777;
    I didn't get to catch the game. Can anyone tell me what rivers last pitch looked like? I caught the first game of the series a few days ago and Rivera got some generous calls on pitches outside that even YES commentators found to be lucky.
    Brooks had it as a definite strike. Just the perfect pitch in the biggest spot of the game.

I have no problem with the strike 3 call. AGon's approach in that AB sucked so hew shouldn't have whined about it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Posting to keep GT's in order
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone