Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/5 @ Blue Jays

9/5 @ Blue Jays

Lackey got a loss yesterday, how did I NOT see that coming?

Josh Beckett vs. Henderson Alvarez, let's go!
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone

Re: 9/5 @ Blue Jays

This game is free on MLB.tv today. Me likely.

Huge strikeout on Bautista right there.

Bad baserunning by Scutaro, he took that corner way too hard, and it cost Ellsbury a triple and the Sox a run.

Beckett leaves with foot injury
    Hal sucks

If it weren't for all the injuries, we wouldn't have the slightest of worries about the division right now.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Besides Buchholz, which major player is hurt that we didn't expect to be hurt?

Well Crawford missed time, Wheeler, Lackey, Youk, hell I even think Dice K would be useful for something considering how much of a mess Miller and Wake are now. Injuries and the 2-10 start, neither are helping us in the divisional race.

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Being billed as a calf injury. Will be interesting to see how they handle him. If it's just a cramp, then he'll be fine. If he pulled it, he's probably out for the regular season so they can get him ready for the playoffs
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;692305;
    Well Crawford missed time, Wheeler, Lackey, Youk, hell I even think Dice K would be useful for something considering how much of a mess Miller and Wake are now. Injuries and the 2-10 start, neither are helping us in the divisional race.
    I think it would be unfair to expect 25 guys to go through a year without missing any time. All of the injuries this year have been minor, and considering how well Pedroia/Youk/Agon/Beckett/Ellsbury all recovered from their injuries, I'd say this team came out ahead when it comes down to health.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;692308;
    I think it would be unfair to expect 25 guys to go through a year without missing any time. All of the injuries this year have been minor, and considering how well Pedroia/Youk/Agon/Beckett/Ellsbury all recovered from their injuries, I'd say this team came out ahead when it comes down to health.
    Just look down the pike....

Hughes missed 2 months and isnt the same since coming back in terms of endurance
    Soriano missed 2 months and is back to form
    Chamberlain is out for the yr and has missed 3 months
    ARod missed almost 3 weeks
    Jeter missed 2 weeks
    Marte and Feliciano havent pitched all yr
    Hal sucks

NESN is saying sprained ankle. He was walking on it without even a limp. He might miss a start, but he wont miss much time at all. He'll be fine
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;692308;
    Fair one, the injury to Clay hurts though and Youk would've helped a ton during the last Yankee series. I think the horrid start to the season is more to blame than anything else. A bit of a slow start is forgiveable in my opinion, the Sox always seem to have it a bit rough at the beginning and it was a lot of new faces to get used to playing together but if we'd have been able to pull out 2 or 3 more of those games, we wouldn't be 1.5 back of some team that got lucky and caught fire in a bottle with two washed up pitchers. It's nice knowing we're a lock for the postseason, barring a epic collapse, but it's frustrating that we're in danger of finishing behind the Yankees again.

BTW, Detroit and Texas are a game apart in the loss column. If Detroit keeps surging, there might be a benefit of winning the WC. Nobody wants to go to Texas in the short series
    Hal sucks

I'd rather face Verlander twice in a series, you've got to win 3 games and I think Lester or Beckett can match up with him. Texas scares me considering how well they do against the Sox.