Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just defeated Alduin. Amazing game. I've reached almost 100 hours on the game and I still have the daedric, the temple, the blades, and the college of winterhold plus a shitton of side quests to go. You know what took the most time, though? Becoming thane in all the holds
    Hal sucks

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;713798;
    Just defeated Alduin. Amazing game. I've reached almost 100 hours on the game and I still have the daedric, the temple, the blades, and the college of winterhold plus a shitton of side quests to go. You know what took the most time, though? Becoming thane in all the holds
    You've been playing at a great pace haha. I have my foot in a bit of each questline. That last part after you defeat Alduin in Sovngarde is awesome right?

Yeah, I've had a lot of time off and had a few 3 day stretches where I had to work and my wife and daughter went to my in laws house. So I come home, work out, power on then go to bed. It's pretty addictive
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by boy racer;713801;
    You've been playing at a great pace haha. I have my foot in a bit of each questline. That last part after you defeat Alduin in Sovngarde is awesome right?
    Elder Scrolls for me always starts out with character building. I'd always create as tough a character as I could then start diving into quests.
    Hal sucks

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by boy racer;713743;
    How'd you get that Daedric Bow?
    Made it.

I levelled smithing by making truckloads of iron daggers and leather bracers. You get the same amount of smithing credit for everything you create, regardless of how minor an item it is. I selected all the smithing perks.

I also selected enough of the sneak perks to get 3x sneak damage from bows. With my current archery perks + Fortify Archery enchanted gear, this thing does 106 base damage right now (318 if I'm sneaking). Most lone sentinels are insta-kills when I'm sneaking through a dungeon/cave.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by boy racer;713801;
    I'm like you, I have my finger in a lot of pies right now.

Jacko, I can't believe you left all the Daedric quests until the end. Azura's quest is available from the start, and you get Azura's star (which can be a Black star that captures NPC souls if you end the story the right way). Endless Grand Souls for enchanting gear is very useful early in the game.

This is my rifle....

What system is everyone playing on, XBox360, PS3, or PC?

I'm on 360.

All-Star

PS3 here

I'm going pretty slow though, I've only got about 15 hours invested
    And the Lord said, "Go Sox"

People tell me that I'm patronizing.
    (That's when you talk down to people)

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;713898;
    Made it.

I levelled smithing by making truckloads of iron daggers and leather bracers. You get the same amount of smithing credit for everything you create, regardless of how minor an item it is. I selected all the smithing perks.

I also selected enough of the sneak perks to get 3x sneak damage from bows. With my current archery perks + Fortify Archery enchanted gear, this thing does 106 base damage right now (318 if I'm sneaking). Most lone sentinels are insta-kills when I'm sneaking through a dungeon/cave.
    Awesome, I really have to get my smithing up. I haven't even spent points in it yet, I'm slacking severely.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;713882;
    Elder Scrolls for me always starts out with character building. I'd always create as tough a character as I could then start diving into quests.
    I'm not patient enough for that usually. In Oblivion I started to level without questing but I just had to dive into the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;713898;
    Made it.

The best way to make money and level quickly is to make a ton of iron daggers, buy filled petty and lesser soul gems then enchant the daggers with absorb health. That enchant will get you a 200 gold profit from each dagger and levels up your enchant quickly.
    Hal sucks

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;713962;
    The best way to make money and level quickly is to make a ton of iron daggers, buy filled petty and lesser soul gems then enchant the daggers with absorb health. That enchant will get you a 200 gold profit from each dagger and levels up your enchant quickly.
    Yeah, I've heard there are a ton of easy ways to level up certain skills. Like with conjuration, you can summon an atronach then defeat it then just summon it again and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by boy racer;713908;
    I'm not patient enough for that usually. In Oblivion I started to level without questing but I just had to dive into the quests.
    In Oblivion, you could create a completely invincible character. I had a character with 100% reflect physical damage and 100% resist magic. The only ways I could die was to drown or fall. Right now, I am close to invincible in Skyrim, although I did get fucked up by a rogue mage in a random area that had a staff of fireballs. Hit me 6 times and I died. I must have accidentally not equipped my enchantments that resist magic.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by boy racer;713963;
    Yeah, I've heard there are a ton of easy ways to level up certain skills. Like with conjuration, you can summon an atronach then defeat it then just summon it again and repeat.
    but with my above method, you make a lot of money. I was creating 20 daggers at a clip, enchanting them and then making 4,000 gold off of them. And as your enchant gets better, the daggers are worth more. By the end, the daggers were worth 900 gold apiece and I'd make a killing off them

Now I just kill dragons, harvest their bones and scales, make a dragonbone cuirass, upgrade it to legendary and sell it to one of my fences from the thieves guild. After you complete the radiant quests, thieves guild fences have 4000 gold on them. I'd kill 2-3 dragons, harvest their stuff, make three cuirasses, upgrade them then sell them. A fully upgraded and enhanced cuirass unenchanted can fetch up to 7000 gold apiece. I'd then buy a bunch of shit off the fence, then sell the cuirass, then sell the same shit back to another fence. Right now, I have fully upgraded the dark brotherhood sanctuary, have all the houses and have them fully upgraded and I still have 30,000 on hand
    Hal sucks

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;713964;
    In Oblivion, you could create a completely invincible character. I had a character with 100% reflect physical damage and 100% resist magic. The only ways I could die was to drown or fall. Right now, I am close to invincible in Skyrim, although I did get fucked up by a rogue mage in a random area that had a staff of fireballs. Hit me 6 times and I died. I must have accidentally not equipped my enchantments that resist magic.
    but with my above method, you make a lot of money. I was creating 20 daggers at a clip, enchanting them and then making 4,000 gold off of them. And as your enchant gets better, the daggers are worth more. By the end, the daggers were worth 900 gold apiece and I'd make a killing off them

Now I just kill dragons, harvest their bones and scales, make a dragonbone cuirass, upgrade it to legendary and sell it to one of my fences from the thieves guild. After you complete the radiant quests, thieves guild fences have 4000 gold on them. I'd kill 2-3 dragons, harvest their stuff, make three cuirasses, upgrade them then sell them. A fully upgraded and enhanced cuirass unenchanted can fetch up to 7000 gold apiece. I'd then buy a bunch of shit off the fence, then sell the cuirass, then sell the same shit back to another fence. Right now, I have fully upgraded the dark brotherhood sanctuary, have all the houses and have them fully upgraded and I still have 30,000 on hand
    Really sounds like you have it down. I have barely enough to furnish the Sanctuary to its fullest. I have to finish the Thieve's Guild questline and up my smithing to get the money ball rolling.