Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: MMA/Wrestling thread.

  1. #1

    MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Anyone pay for that Lesnar fight?

    What a waste of money, thank god I watched it for free.

    Brock Lesnar retired at the conclusion of the match.

  2. #2

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    UFC is starting to bore me. Last UFC match I saw was Rampage vs Evans and that fight sucked. Plus the Heavyweight division is a joke.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

  3. #3

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    I just bought tickets for Monday Night Raw for March at the Garden...

    has anyone ever been? How much fun is it?

  4. #4

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    I went when I was in middle school. The atmosphere is really good. I loved watching the entrances and the fireworks. You'll probably enjoy it a little more than me since you're actually a fan. I went because my brother was a major fan. I saw a little bit of the show as I was flipping channels not to long ago. Looks like it's for little kids.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

  5. #5
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    IMO wresting is more acting than real fighting. It's like a comedy or something. When I was a kid, I used to watch wrestling very often LOL. I remember Hulk Hogan, Andrew el Gigante, Savage, El Santo, Blue Demon, etc. I used to play that Nintendo (I) wrestling video game a lot LOL. I haven't watched a wrestling match in 20 years or something. I'm not sure whether it has changed or not since then.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  6. #6

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Not trying to sound like an asshole here, so forgive me if you find this offensive iOrtiz. Isn't wrestling really popular in Mexico? Don't you have the lucha libre or however they call it? I'm shocked you're not really into it.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

  7. #7
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;725106;
    Not trying to sound like an asshole here, so forgive me if you find this offensive iOrtiz. Isn't wrestling really popular in Mexico? Don't you have the lucha libre or however they call it? I'm shocked you're not really into it.
    No problem at all Mike.

    Yeahhh Lucha Libre is very, very popular in Mexico, it is probably just as popular as soccer is. The masks, the environment, the characters (luchadores), etc is awsome. As I said, I used to go to arenas and watch a lot Lucha Libre when I was a kid 8-12 YO. When you grow up You figure out that it is more like an acting/show/entertainment than real fighting which is ok but I think that I lost interest in it (Maybe I'm getting old ). When you are a kid, those men (wrestlers) are like heroes or something. Every Mexican kid has a favorite, you bet. They are like superman :lol:

    Here my favorite Mexican wrestlers. El Santo y Blue Damon. They are more famous than Brad Pitt here in Mexico, believe it or not. :lol:


    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  8. #8
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    BTW when I was a kid I sworn that I was going to be a luchador, I even had a mask disigned by myself.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  9. #9
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Here, some of the most popular mexican wrestlers.

    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  10. #10

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;725104;
    IMO wresting is more acting than real fighting.
    Of course it is, which is why they call it sports entertainment rather than wrestling nowadays. When I think of wrestling, I think of greco roman/freestyle....a sport that I participated in during highschool/college.

    I just started watching it again for the first time since like 2002 and decided to buy tickets, just wondering how the shows are.

  11. #11
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33;725111;
    Of course it is, which is why they call it sports entertainment rather than wrestling nowadays. When I think of wrestling, I think of greco roman/freestyle....a sport that I participated in during highschool/college.

    I just started watching it again for the first time since like 2002 and decided to buy tickets, just wondering how the shows are.
    Well, I'm not sure If it is the same in the US, probably is like the same. As I said, when I was a kid I loved to go to Las Arenas. These days I have no idea if they have changed the concept, but I believe that it has had improvements.

    Btw, SCM33 have fun... It should be a great experience.:thumbsup:
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  12. #12
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    I found out this picture of Blue Damon shaking hands with an american wrestler. Hell, this wrestler is like He-Man :lol:

    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  13. #13

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;725108;
    No problem at all Mike.

    Yeahhh Lucha Libre is very, very popular in Mexico, it is probably just as popular as soccer is. The masks, the environment, the characters (luchadores), etc is awsome. As I said, I used to go to arenas and watch a lot Lucha Libre when I was a kid 8-12 YO. When you grow up You figure out that it is more like an acting/show/entertainment than real fighting which is ok but I think that I lost interest in it (Maybe I'm getting old ). When you are a kid, those men (wrestlers) are like heroes or something. Every Mexican kid has a favorite, you bet. They are like superman :lol:

    Here my favorite Mexican wrestlers. El Santo y Blue Damon. They are more famous than Brad Pitt here in Mexico, believe it or not. :lol:


    Totally agree, but I never got into Luchadore style stuff. I couldn't understand what they were saying. I liked WWF/E when it was good 10 years ago and before. Now it just doesnt interest me at all. John Cena is so irritating.

  14. #14

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;725095;
    I went when I was in middle school. The atmosphere is really good. I loved watching the entrances and the fireworks. You'll probably enjoy it a little more than me since you're actually a fan. I went because my brother was a major fan. I saw a little bit of the show as I was flipping channels not to long ago. Looks like it's for little kids.
    Yeah, they've watered WWE down considerably from about 10-12 years ago. They now want to sell John Cena gear to (as WWE wrestler R-Truth put it) the "little Jimmys".
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    -John Belushi

  15. #15

    Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;725116;
    Totally agree, but I never got into Luchadore style stuff. I couldn't understand what they were saying. I liked WWF/E when it was good 10 years ago and before. Now it just doesnt interest me at all. John Cena is so irritating.
    Watch this promo by CM Punk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Is9SdaC-X8
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    -John Belushi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •