Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
That is one of my favorite Branch Rickey sayings. If O'Malley hadn't pushed Rickey out of Brooklyn, the Dodgers would still be there, and so would I.
I might still be a Dodger fan too---who knows? Rickey was a genius and his judgment of black players was outstanding. When he was in charge we got Robinson, Campanella, Newcombe and later Joe Black. When that fat ass O'Malley took over we got the re-runs like Gilliam, Charlie Neal and other duds while the Willie Mayses, Frank Robinsons, Henry Aarons and Ernie Bankses ent elsewhere. Then the bastard yanked the team out of Brooklyn. I will never forgive that dickweed for doing that. Fortunately I know have the Red Sox and they will always be in Boston.

BTW, unlike most Red Sox fans I don't have a NL team I follow with any fervor or enthusiasm at all, but since my wife and I take a summer vacation down in San Diego we kind of wanted to see that team shake the cobwebs and become successful------until the O'Malley Family bought that team. Now they can drop dead. Maybe I'll adopt the Cubs as my distantly second team.