Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees trade for Pineda

Re: Yankees trade for Pineda

Campos would have been a top 10 pick in the draft if he was eligible
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720306;
    Haha, where's the chart!
    Nice rebuttal. Good logic. A 103 ERA+ is right around a 4.30 ERA when you're playing your home games in NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Here's your rebuttal Debbie. 1.10WHIP, 9K/9IP, and a 3BB/9IP doesn't equate to a 4.50ERA. That's just you choosing strawman stats for your strawman argument. What was his FIP?
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Yankees looking at Carlos Pena. He would hit 30 bombs in YS easily against RHP.

His xFIP was 3.52, his FIP was 3.42. His WAR was 3.4. James projects his WAR next yr to 4.2. But you keep using a stat that you yourself have decried. Keep picking strawman stats deb
    Hal sucks

His BABIP was .258. His HR/9 was 0.95. You think that's going to go down when he goes to NY?

I'm sorry. Was Bill James making that prediction with a magic ball that said he'd be playing for the Yankees?

Be realistic man. FIP is based on ERA and fielder independence. It has nothing to do with park factors.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

If you're so confident, put this in your sig until next October. I'll tell you right now.

Pineda will end 2013 with an ERA of 4.10+.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;720317;
    If you're so confident, put this in your sig until next October. I'll tell you right now.

Pineda will end 2013 with an ERA of 4.10+.

What about 2012?

So his park is going to raise his ERA by a run? Seriously, try and be somewhat objective. You're just upset that your team, thus far, appears to be the #3 team in the division
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720320;
    So his park is going to raise his ERA by a run? Seriously, try and be somewhat objective. You're just upset that your team, thus far, appears to be the #3 team in the division

I wouldn't go THAT far. Obviously the Yankees are the favorite, but considering that the Sox have and look to do more in the offseason (than the Rays) and for all purposes were the 2nd best team in the division going in to the last game, it'd be hard to say that the Sox are going to be the 3rd best again this year.

I think they are that FA starter (Oswalt perhaps) from being close to the top. At least it'll be debatable again.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

So did the Yankees last year and look what happened?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

What the hell are you even talking about???

3.74 ERA in 2011. 4.10 ERA in 2012. The AL East and a smaller park? Yes. That's worth about 0.36 points on his ERA.

God, you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720313;
    Here's your rebuttal Debbie. 1.10WHIP, 9K/9IP, and a 3BB/9IP doesn't equate to a 4.50ERA. That's just you choosing strawman stats for your strawman argument. What was his FIP?

Do you even know what a strawman is? Its when someone delinerately alters your argument to make it easier to defeat. You ignore someones position completely, where does that even apply? :lol:

So based on your research, a 22 yr old in his second season is going to see his ERA be well over his FIP again. Seriously, you're delusional. And jealous.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720330;
    So based on your research, a 22 yr old in his second season is going to see his ERA be well over his FIP again. Seriously, you're delusional. And jealous.
    Haha. Ok bud. Once your brain blood returns from your boner to your head, you'll be able to look at the deal logically.