Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees trade for Pineda

Re: Yankees trade for Pineda

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720313;
    Here's your rebuttal Debbie. 1.10WHIP, 9K/9IP, and a 3BB/9IP doesn't equate to a 4.50ERA. That's just you choosing strawman stats for your strawman argument. What was his FIP?
    Have you seen his splits? He's 2.90 ERa in Seattle, and 4.40 ERA away. This is a case of the safecos. He's a quality #3, but he's no Felix Hernandez.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    And jealous.
    Fuck jealous bitches. I hate them.

But seriously Pineda will get his sophomore jinx on and in 2013 put up ungodly numbers.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Yeah, we're super jealous. I mean everyone on this board wanted Pineda. Get over yourself. He made a prediction and we'll have to wait and see what happens.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh;720342;
    Fuck jealous bitches. I hate them.

But seriously Pineda will get his sophomore jinx on and in 2013 put up ungodly numbers.
    Pineda for Montero and Noesi? After all the Montero talk, I'm just glad he didn't fetch you guys a real #1/2. I am jealous of the Kuroda deal though... he was the real steal of this offseason.

We're jelly because they got a guy was good at home, Safeco Field (aka where hitting talent goes to die) and sucked outside of there.

Don't forget about Campos either. He can be a real problem in a few years.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;720351;
    Don't forget about Campos either. He can be a real problem in a few years.
    I was being sarcastic but no need to talk bad about campos, he's legit. Also about pineda... all of last year all I heard was how he was the greatest young pitcher in baseball, the new felix, the new man in town. Now he's on the yankees, he's a #4. this being a red sox forum im not surprised he's being mislabeled. Is he an ace? No. Is he a #1 starter? No. Is he a#2pitcher? Yes. That's what we needed, I hate giving up the package we did tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh;720353;
    I was being sarcastic but no need to talk bad about campos, he's legit. Also about pineda... all of last year all I heard was how he was the greatest young pitcher in baseball, the new felix, the new man in town. Now he's on the yankees, he's a #4. this being a red sox forum im not surprised he's being mislabeled. Is he an ace? No. Is he a #1 starter? No. Is he a#2pitcher? Yes. That's what we needed, I hate giving up the package we did tho.

My apologies for my street lingo. Being a problem = a good thing.

IE Teixeira and A-rod are a real problem in the middle of the lineup. King Felix is a problem for opposing batters. I think Campos has a shot to be really good.

Btw it's like we're talking to two different Jacko's. The Jacko in this thread is much different than the Jacko in the thread where this trade was announced.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;720356;
    My apologies for my street lingo. Being a problem = a good thing.

IE Teixeira and A-rod are a real problem in the middle of the lineup. King Felix is a problem for opposing batters. I think Campos has a shot to be really good.
    I figured you were being sarcastic, meh

Quote Originally Posted by Meh;720353;
    You probably heard those things before the All-star break. Pineda isn't a bad pitcher. I'd say he's probably a #3. He needs more than one season to prove that he's the real deal, a season outside of Safeco.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh;720360;
    I figured you were being sarcastic, meh

Nah, real talk I keep it a hunnid b.

I cannot understand how some posters here are looking down on Pineda's talent. I'm not saying he couldn't bomb, because with pitchers you never know, but the stuff is definitely there.
    We miss you Mike.

Either way Pineda is a huge upgrade over Burnett, and at least he won't be calling himself "nasty" when he's giving up four runs per start.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;720434;
    I cannot understand how some posters here are looking down on Pineda's talent. I'm not saying he couldn't bomb, because with pitchers you never know, but the stuff is definitely there.
    Sorry Red Sox fans but I have to agree with this.

Damn Yankees.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.