Jose Campos
    Michael Pineda

Mariners get:
    Jesus Montero
    Hector Noesi
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Re: Yankees trade for Pineda

I love Pindea, in fact I think with Pineda we got a better rotation than the Sox, still loads behind the Rays, but I really liked Noesi and Montero. I liked both of those guys to have huge years.

1. Sabathia
    2. Pineda
    3. Nova
    4. Garcia
    5. Burnett

This also gives the Yankees room to move Burnett while eating contract and then giving Hughes back the #5 spot. I do love the look of the rotation. And the addition of Campos is nice too. He looks to be another power pitcher with a humongous frame. I am coming around to the deal, but giving up on Montero before we can see what he can do for the long haul is tough to swallow
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720213;
    This also gives the Yankees room to move Burnett while eating contract and then giving Hughes back the #5 spot. I do love the look of the rotation. And the addition of Campos is nice too. He looks to be another power pitcher with a humongous frame. I am coming around to the deal, but giving up on Montero before we can see what he can do for the long haul is tough to swallow
    Any big trade is going to cost a top prospect in your system. We both I think liked Montero a lot cause we saw him and followed him for so long. I watched his video feed of him signing his deal on July 2nd 2006 and checked the box scores for his numbers almost every night after the Yankees game. I'll miss Montero and Noesi but I'm excited about the rotation.

The three locks of CC, Pineda and Nova and Garcia, Burnett and Hughes coming in to battle it out.

Pineda and Kuroda in one night while also adding a high end 19 yr old arm in Campos. Noesi was a candidate for the rotation, but I looked at him more as a Ramiro Mendoza type. Montero is the big loss here, but this rotation just got insanely good, possibly the best in the AL
    Hal sucks

Deity

I'm not sad to see Montero leave the AL East. Not at all. Pineda is a good pitcher though. Signing Kuroda too kind of sticks in my side.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720278;
    but this rotation just got insanely good, possibly the best in the AL
    lol

The Angels and Rays are better.

If the Sox grab Oswalt and he remains healthy, the Sox rotation still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13;720284;
    lol

The Angels and Rays are better.

Yankees were a half run worse in 2011 than both of those teams. The Angels got Wilson, which helps them. The Rays added nobody but subtracted nobody. The Yankees got Pineda and Kuroda AND subtracted AJ Burnett. How is that not seen as a humongous upgrade?
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13;720284;
    Sox get oswalt and their rotation is on par with the Yankees.

----

YankeeSource Yankees

Some scouts believe Campos was a steal for the Yankees in the deal. "He may be better than Pineda, Noesi or Montero."
    told my friend after the deal went down Campos was a steal and that in two years we'll look back at this deal and he'll be the best piece in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720291;
    Yankees were a half run worse in 2011 than both of those teams. The Angels got Wilson, which helps them. The Rays added nobody but subtracted nobody. The Yankees got Pineda and Kuroda AND subtracted AJ Burnett. How is that not seen as a humongous upgrade?
    You said might be the best. I call bullshit.

Not even close.

They're better. But you're stretching it.

And what is missed here is Pineda's age. He was the starter in the AS game as a 22 yr old rookie. He is likely to get significantly better.
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720298;
    And what is missed here is Pineda's age. He was the starter in the AS game as a 22 yr old rookie. He is likely to get significantly better.
    Yeah man I got to agree the Rays and Angels rotations are better, but 3rd best rotation with the best lineup and best bullpen in the AL is nothing to shoot down.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;720298;
    Lets be honest. Moving from the AL West to the AL East is a huge jump. Any progressions he makes from last year will be offset by the powerful and patient AL East hitters. I would say his numbers will almost certainly regress from last year, even if he does become a better pitcher.

He would have been about a 4.30-4.35 last year in NY. Hector Noesi posted a 4.47 ERA, and had a 99 ERA+, so I think 4.30-4.35 would be about right for the translation of Pineda.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Haha, where's the chart!
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Jim Callis says he would have ranked Jose Campos as the Yankees 5th prospect on BA's top 10 list.