Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Aussie pitching prospect

Aussie pitching prospect

There were reports all over the news last night that the Red Sox had signed a 17 year-old pitching prospect from the same state as I'm from here in Australia. Apparently there were multiple other teams interested in him, but his mother is from Boston or something, and he has grown up as a Red Sox fan. Has anyone else heard this news? If so, do you know anything about him, or his potential, etc?

Re: Aussie pitching prospect

All I heard is that he can throw 90mph or so. That's all I got
    Hal sucks

They said pretty much the same thing on the news here as well. They talked about how much heat he can put on the ball for a 17 year-old kid. Fingers crossed that he keeps adding to it. On a sidenote, did you or anyone else happen to hear or read what role the Sox plan to use him in? Like do they plan to develop him as a starter or reliever?

All 17 yr olds get developed as starters first, then they see how they project from there
    Hal sucks

I read there where like 15 teams in on him. Didn't they sign a young Aussie softball catcher last year or the year before?

See you in maybe 5-6 years. :dunno:

Probably never see him at all, but it's an interesting story

Interesting story. A 17 year-old pitching prospect who throws 90mph, having 15 teams in on him? How I haven’t read/heard anything about this?