Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fitness Thread

Re: The Fitness Thread

You weren't eating the buns though. As a doctor, you know that ketosis is an exception to the calories rule. You also obviously didn't eat fries or drink soda either.

The actual caloric intake of someone doing Atkins is not important.
    We miss you Mike.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;727087;
    I did my workout but I did get tired earlier than usual. I changed a couple things though. On the curls workout I was kind of struggling with 35 lbs but I didn't want to drop weight. I stayed at 35 throughout the whole workout. I made up for it on the dips though. Instead of 15 each set I did 20.
    I can't remember, did I ask you about supplements and if you took 'em?

Try C4 tho.

I did chest and tri's today. to the burning point on them. No cardio today, not enough time.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

I don't take supplements. I'm not taking anything anymore because I'm not consistent with the gym. I only have my protein bars and protein shakes. Plus they gave me more hours at work again(finally) so I'm not even going to bother. Those weight gainers are on point though.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;727127;
    You weren't eating the buns though. As a doctor, you know that ketosis is an exception to the calories rule. You also obviously didn't eat fries or drink soda either.

The actual caloric intake of someone doing Atkins is not important.
    The caloric intake eventually does go way down over time. Eventually, you get so sick of eating that you're eating only protein and fat but in much lesser quantities than when you started. So you're ketotic and dieting effectively. BTW, ketones are what makes diabetics very ill when their sugars rise. Which is why you feel like absolute ass on that diet
    Hal sucks

Nerds.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;727137;
    The caloric intake eventually does go way down over time. Eventually, you get so sick of eating that you're eating only protein and fat but in much lesser quantities than when you started. So you're ketotic and dieting effectively. BTW, ketones are what makes diabetics very ill when their sugars rise. Which is why you feel like absolute ass on that diet
    Ketoacidosis (the diabetic issue) and ketosis (the burning of fat for energy) are different. The initial symptoms are similar, but the long-term effects are extremely different.
    We miss you Mike.

I have recently added bleu cheese stuffed olives to my vodka martinis. I hadn't been getting any dairy. I have stepped up my cardio by shaking my own martinis. After the 3rd drink, I am feeling the burn.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Chest

Flat bench - 4 sets(15 times -135,12 times - 145,10 times - 155,8 times - 165)
    Incline bench - 3 sets(15 times -135,12 times -135, 10 times - 135)
    Decline bench - 3 sets(10 times - 135, 8 times - 135, superset- 8 times -135 + 20 times - 65 + 20 times - bar)

Chest press - 3 sets(10 times each set with 55 lbs)
    Flies - 3 sets(10 times each set with 27.5 lbs)

Superset
    1)Dumbell pullover - 3 sets(10 times with 65 lbs)
    2)Don't know exercise name but it's when the dumbell is placed on you chest when laying on your back and you push up. - 3 sets(10 times with 65 lbs)

I'll just do crack until I'm skinny. If that doesn't work, it was never meant to be.

lol

This is my rifle....

This is my current weekly workout plan. I miss a day here or there, but I've been pretty consistently doing this.

Monday

45 mins of cardio at low intensity - 65% max heart rate - exercise varies from elliptical to stationary bike to treadmill
    3 sets of leg lifts / 12 reps
    3 sets on ab machine / 100 lbs load / 15 reps

Tuesday

30 mins cardio - medium intensity at 80% max heart rate - machine varies
    4 sets chest press on hammer strength machine - 8 @ 120, 8 @ 160, 8 @ 200, 8 @ 240
    3 sets decline chest press on hammer strength machine - 8 @ 100, 8 @ 120, 8 @ 140
    3 sets incline chest press on hammer strength machine - 8 @ 120, 8 @ 140, 8 @160
    3 sets machine butterflies - 10 @ 145, 10 @ 160, 10 @ 175
    3 sets tricep pull down with the rope attachment - 10 @ 50, 10 @ 60, 10 @ 70

Wednesday

30 mins cardio at medium intensity
    4 sets lat pull downs - 8 @ 120, 8 @ 140, 8 @ 160, 8 @ 180
    3 sets reverse grip pull downs - 8 @ 140, 8 @ 150, 8 @ 160
    3 sets of rows - 8 @ 145, 8 @ 160, 8 @ 175
    3 sets of upright rows - 10 @ 60, 10 @ 70, 10 @ 80
    3 sets of curls - 10 @ 50, 10 @ 60, 10 @ 70
    3 sets of ab machine - 100 lbs load, 15 reps

Thursday

4 sets of leg press/squats - I use a machine that lets you add 45 lbs plates and face either forward or backward. I do a set forward with 4 plates, a set backward with 4 plates, a set forward with 6 plates, a set backward with 6 plates
    3 sets of leg extensions - all 10 @ 125
    3 sets of leg curls - all 10 @ 125
    3 sets of calves
    3 sets of back extensions

Friday

45 mins of cardio at low intensity
    3 sets leg lifts, 12 reps
    3 sets on ab machine, 100 lbs x 15 reps

Saturday

chest press
    wide grip rows
    military press
    shoulder side lifts
    bicep/tricep supersets - preacher curl/rope press, concentration curl/reverse grip bar press

Sunday

Rest.

All-Star

good routine but I'd suggest breaking up yout cardio. Do 20 mins before and 20 mins after a few times and see how that goes for you. You'll get more out of it that way. Also to everyone else drink your protein shakes within 5 mins after your workouts. Don't wait to go home to drink it.

Drinking it right after is pretty much common sense. Protein shakes I'd always take right after. When it came to my weight gainer though, I had to wait to go home.

Don't bother telling ORS what to do. He's a bad ass :lol: He was in the Marines and I know they had to do a lot of physical training. When I went to Marines PT I thought I was going to die. Props to ORS doing his thing.

I'm going to do shoulders tomorrow but not sure what I want to do. Any ideas?

This is what i usually do:

Alternating deltoid press: 3 sets 15, 12, 10 reps with 20, 25, 30 KG weight.

Arnold press (dumbbells): 3 sets 20, 15, 12 reps with 30, 35, 40 KG weight.

Shoulder Press (barbells): 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps with 35, 40, 45 KG weight.
    We miss you Mike.