Register now to remove this ad

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: 6/26 The Youk-less Red Sox and Japan's National Treasure will Laffey at the Jays

Re: 6/26 The Youk-less Red Sox and Japan's National Treasure will Laffey at the Jays

Quote Originally Posted by jung;776977;
    Now that Salty has finally settled in to a level of understandable and reliable performance I think Lavs might be the most expendable of the prospects on that list. He might be the most attractive as well at least for a team that wants a short leash to seeing the player on a ML roster.

Plus there are reasons for Salty being where he is now. It is not like we have to say "well he just finally came around". You can point to specific differences in how he approaches both his hitting and his fielding.

So I would be OK with the Sox building something around Lavs to get a real deal front line pitcher. However giving up prospects for a 1 year rental does nothing for me. So that have to get itself worked out as part of the deal if the guy is on the last year of his deal.
    I agree 100%. I think Salty can stick here as the starting catcher. His OBP is a tad less than average for catchers but he's slugging .544 and is one of the top offensive backstops in baseball. His defense is bearable at the least and the pitchers seem to like throwing to him from what I've heard. I think those of us who gave the kid a chance are starting to see some return on our investment of faith into Salty's abilities.

If we can Lavs as the centerpiece in a deal for a starter, I'm on board.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Re: 6/26 The Youk-less Red Sox and Japan's National Treasure will Laffey at the Jays

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;777021;
    I agree 100%. I think Salty can stick here as the starting catcher. His OBP is a tad less than average for catchers but he's slugging .544 and is one of the top offensive backstops in baseball. His defense is bearable at the least and the pitchers seem to like throwing to him from what I've heard. I think those of us who gave the kid a chance are starting to see some return on our investment of faith into Salty's abilities.

If we can Lavs as the centerpiece in a deal for a starter, I'm on board.
    Lavs isnt a big upgrade over Salty. I do think an defensive minded backstop would help your staff, but neither of those guys are defensive minded backstops. You go with the one that is producing
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;777028;
    Lavs isnt a big upgrade over Salty. I do think an defensive minded backstop would help your staff, but neither of those guys are defensive minded backstops. You go with the one that is producing
    We do have Kelly though.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

I fully expect the Sox to deal Lavarnway in a deal for a high caliber SP (Garza?). A deal of Lavarnway + Bard would definitely start it out.

Buster Olney was on EEI today and said that Theo, Hoyer and the Cubs would be interested in Bard, and wouldn't be swayed by his poor year this year because of his track record.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.