Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you root for any other MLB teams?

Re: Do you root for any other MLB teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, reminds me of Seattle. Seahawks are their best shot. Mariners have been bad for 10 years, and Sonics moved to Oklahoma City(Go Thunder!).
    Sonics will be back. Clay Bennett and the city/NBA agreed to a Cleveland Browns type deal to keep the name, colors, and history of the Sonics in Seattle. There's already a probable owner in place and an arena deal was just agreed to. I'd say the Sonics are back in the league by 2016.

The question is, which existing team becomes the Sonics.

/stuffthathasnothingtodowiththetopicathand

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

I don't know a lot about basketball, mainly because I hate it, but wouldn't the Thunder, the team the Internet tells me used to be the Sonics, just become the Sonics again if that happened?

Nope. Think the Browns and Ravens in football. The Ravens were the Browns and moved from Cleveland, but only took existing players, staff, and equipment with them. Other than that, they were basically a new franchise, rather than just a relocated one. When the Browns were restarted as an expansion team a couple years later, the name, logo, history and all that were assigned to them.

It'll be a similar thing with the Sonics. The Thunder are a hit in OKC, so they're not going anywhere. Meaning if/when the Sonics return to the NBA, they'll have to either be an expansion team or another existing team would have to move there. It is a little confusing, yeah.

I hate the Rays, but a big part of me wants to see the Sox tank the 6 remaining games against the Rays so they can pass the Yankees and knock them out of the playoffs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

There's a lot of bad blood between the teams in the AL East. Personally, I don't like the Orioles, Rays or Yankees for obvious reasons (Orioles knocked out the Sox last year, Rays leapfrogged the Sox as a result). If I had to choose one to advance to the playoffs though, I would hope the Orioles get there

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

I agree, for different reasons.