Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy or Sell

Re: Buy or Sell

I think keeping youth allows teams to have long term success. I know they said you can't rebuild in Boston because the fans want to win ever year. If the FO said that was their plan I think many in the Nation would be on board with that. Have a plan and stick to it then I could live with another season or two that we struggle. Don't put scotch tape on this thing for 2013 and say we are going to contend. Most of our minor league talent that has promise is at AA or high A. That means a year or two away from helping the team.

Xander Bogaerts looks like the real deal. We need to give playing time to Ryan Lavarnway, and keep Ellsbury (Boras client, ugh), Kalish, Pedroia, Middlebrooks and Saltalamacchia tied up. All still young. And all but Lavarnway and Kalish proven.
    In Plump We Trust.

"That was a very well laid out, rational point. But I will still hold to my emotional opinion based on no facts or evidence." - Everyone but Plump.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpamania View Post
    Xander Bogaerts looks like the real deal. We need to give playing time to Ryan Lavarnway, and keep Ellsbury (Boras client, ugh), Kalish, Pedroia, Middlebrooks and Saltalamacchia tied up. All still young. And all but Lavarnway and Kalish proven.
    Salty is proven to suck.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Salty is proven to be tall.

Salty is proven to suck.
    This year was almost identical as last as well. Not good enough to start in Boston, not good enough defensively to carry as a backup.

Release him.......I guarantee he ends up in AAA next year if Boston gets rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33 View Post
    This year was almost identical as last as well. Not good enough to start in Boston, not good enough defensively to carry as a backup.

Release him.......I guarantee he ends up in AAA next year if Boston gets rid of him.
    Lavarnway didn't exactly get off to a roaring start on offence or defence either. Yikes.

All-Star

Hanley Ramirez looked like a stud in Miami for a few years but has since tailed off plus we won a world series with the beckett and lowell trade

Salty is proven to suck.
    I agree with this statement vehemently. The team's pitching has been absolutely terrible the last year, and they went ahead and fired all the coaches, fired the medical staff, put as many scapegoats out there as possible... but haven't touched the guy who has a full point higher CERA than Shoppach/Varitek/Lavarnway in his time in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    I agree with this statement vehemently. The team's pitching has been absolutely terrible the last year, and they went ahead and fired all the coaches, fired the medical staff, put as many scapegoats out there as possible... but haven't touched the guy who has a full point higher CERA than Shoppach/Varitek/Lavarnway in his time in Boston.
    There is sufficient data to discount the notion that the poor pitching performance while he is catching is merely a coincidence.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star

guys dont worry the pitching staff will be fine because John Lackey is coming back. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanJohn93 View Post
    guys dont worry the pitching staff will be fine because John Lackey is coming back. Lol.
    Baseball is still being played (albeit by better teams than the steaming pile of shit we fielded this season) and you're gonna go ahead and kick us in the nuts like that?

Ouch.
    Back on track and headed in the right direction. *