Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Manager

Re: Next Manager

I think Farrell's candidacy is toast. On top of the Jays' poor record they are now having the infamous 'clubhouse issues' coming to light.

Quote Originally Posted by ConroyManfrogg View Post
    Why on earth do people think Farrell is a good head coach.

It is hard telling what the market will be in four years. Meaning BV will be here for at least that duration.
    His contract is only for two years with two options. so four years is definitly not guaranteed.

BV is done. Fair or not the era will end after one season. The club house has gotten worst and he has lost many who reside there. Now grant it some of those individuals will also be leaving with him.

I do not think much of Farrell. He has a young team that is very poor at executing the fundamentals and the team runs recklessly. He's had two years as manager. He should have done a better job.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    The club house has gotten worst
    thats not true

Ryne Sandberg would be an interesting candidate. HOF baseball career, managing in minors since 2007. The last two with the Phillies AAA team, and was named Baseball America's 2011 Manager of the Year.

Cafardo mentionned Brad Ausmus as a likely target. I'd be ok with it.

I'd like to see Dave Martinez get a shot at managing. We got rid of most of the big ego's on the team, and Dave seems like a guy who is more Francona-like, which is what the 2013 Sox would likely be better off having.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

If BV gets fired i will be excited to hear his comments about the sox organization and the year he had.

Read up on Ryne Sandberg.... I like him...

All-Star

Pitcher's make crappy head coaches but I wouldn't mind giving Maddox a chance. He should get the player's respect. Hopefully the united hate for Valentine brought the clubhouse together.
    Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too.

As long as Valentine's gone I don't really care.

The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by TutGadol View Post
    Pitcher's make crappy head coaches but I wouldn't mind giving Maddox a chance. He should get the player's respect. Hopefully the united hate for Valentine brought the clubhouse together.
    I was criticized for posting this before but I think it important to let you know in the U.S. major league baseball the term is manager not head coach.

I confess I had a culture shock when I was managing my second game in a Spanish baseball league nearly thirty years ago and the "arbitro" started flashing me a yellow card when I went out to protest a call. My players started rushing me off the field before I got a "red" card. My question for you is in the Israeli league do they "card" players as well.

I want an entirely new manager/coaching setup with no ties to the club to take over. Anyone with the club right now as a coach should be shown the door too.

Maybe now we can get the fresh start we were promised last year.