Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Manager

Re: Next Manager

I am a little bit pleased to see them moving ahead so soon.
    2013 never did I doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    I am a little bit pleased to see them moving ahead so soon.
    They have to. They have no choice, they have to start trying to save some kind of face after last Sept. and now this whole season.
    I love the smell of Fenway in the morning.....it smells like victory:thumbsup:

I think the Sox announcing that Wallach and Ausmus are set to interview means that those two guys are on the top of the Sox list of candidates. I could see either one going far in the process.

All-Star

I think Wallach might have an edge due to his familiarity with the prospects the Sox received in the megadeal with the dodgers since he was the albuquerque manager for them

Quote Originally Posted by SeanJohn93 View Post
    I think Wallach might have an edge due to his familiarity with the prospects the Sox received in the megadeal with the dodgers since he was the albuquerque manager for them
    That would be a silly reason to pick a manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

All-Star

How so? He is also a former player and 5 time all star they could go the route that the cards and white sox did with mike matheny and robin ventura respectively

Quote Originally Posted by SeanJohn93 View Post
    How so? He is also a former player and 5 time all star they could go the route that the cards and white sox did with mike matheny and robin ventura respectively
    Why wouldn't they just promote Arnie Beyeler if they want someone familiar with the farm??
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

All-Star

I also like Dave Duncan

Deity

Moving ahead so soon!!! While LL has been on his Roman Holiday, two managers have already been hired. It is clear that once again, nothing will happen unless LL says it will. Not even convinced at this point that BC will run the process.

All-Star

John Henry should grow a pair and fire LL

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Moving ahead so soon!!! While LL has been on his Roman Holiday, two managers have already been hired. It is clear that once again, nothing will happen unless LL says it will. Not even convinced at this point that BC will run the process.
    I sure hope LL is enjoying the food and wine over there in Europe, but that has to be a pretty ill timed vacation. With the way this team played this season and the perception of most fans that this organization has a lot to prove, it would seem logical to most that the trip might have been able to be put on hold.

How many other team presidents are out vacationing right now? The Rangers just had a collapse to end their season along the lines of the Sox last year, and Nolan Ryan sure isn't exploring the Irish countryside right now. There's plenty of other times in the offseason where a vacation would be less noticed.

Unless JH told LL to get away so he would stay out of the managerial interviewing and selection process, this doesn't look well on the organization.

Why has nobody given Ryne Sandberg a serious look?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33 View Post
    The Phillies hired him as a coach. He'll probably be their next manager.

DeMarlo Hale is so far still the best candidate no one is talking about.

Course I have no idea whether he's even interested. But if he is, there's not a lot of these guys I definitely take over that experienced and competent a coach.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33 View Post
    Me thinks the same thing. I thought Pete Mackinan was a classy guy too
    but i would love to see a young blood like Matheny/Ventura or go top level guy that commands respect from the get-go