Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotation

Rotation

I like the latest article. The article says Peavy at 3 and Kuroda at 4 and Lackey at 5. This gives Boston a playoff roster and helps the (3) 2014 AAA starting pitchers (Barnes,Webster,DeLerosa) make the post season roster (2013) and not rush them into the rotation. More inlikely I can see Lackey being traded in 2014 because of his cheap salary (1 year 15mil/2nd year league minimum).

Re: Rotation

I can see the Sox moving Lackey if he proves that he is healthy. So Lackey will start the season in the rotation. I think the Sox have to be looking for a top of the rotation starter. It would would be nice if it was a true number 1, but those are hard to come by and may have to settle for a middle of the rotation guy and hope that Lester returns to form.

Lackey in the rotation in 2013 is true. They definately need an ace. The likelyhood that Bucholz or Lester are going to break out as Ace pitchers for the future is proven as false. That's the reason 2 starters need to be added to the rotation this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbakeg52 View Post
    I like the latest article. The article says Peavy at 3 and Kuroda at 4 and Lackey at 5. This gives Boston a playoff roster and helps the (3) 2014 AAA starting pitchers (Barnes,Webster,DeLerosa) make the post season roster (2013) and not rush them into the rotation. More inlikely I can see Lackey being traded in 2014 because of his cheap salary (1 year 15mil/2nd year league minimum).
    That's not going to fix the rotation. The rotation problem starts at the top, not the bottom.
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

Quote Originally Posted by bubbakeg52 View Post
    Peavy i say no. Anibal Sanchez.. hell yeah

Peavy is gonna be expensive since he was effectively an ace this yr. Sanchez has a good track record and his performance in the POs has helped him.
    Hal sucks

If you're the Red Sox, would you trade Xander Bogaerts + 1 of Rubby De La Rosa / Allen Webster + Garin Cecchini + Doubront for David Price?

That's three top 100 prospects (one of which will likely be a top 15 going into next year) plus a #4, ceiling of #3 pitcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    If you're the Red Sox, would you trade Xander Bogaerts + 1 of Rubby De La Rosa / Allen Webster + Garin Cecchini + Doubront for David Price?

That's three top 100 prospects (one of which will likely be a top 15 going into next year) plus a #4, ceiling of #3 pitcher.
    In a heart beat.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In a heart beat.
    I think I would too. I am trying to think about what the Yankees gave up for Pineda last year. I know it was headlined by Montero, which is essentially the equivalent of Bogaerts.

So, essentially the Sox could give up Bogaerts plus two more high caliber prospects, and an MLB pitcher, and get a guy who is a better pitcher but has less time left on his deal.

You think that's a fair deal for the Rays?
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

I was actually thinking the same thing today. David Price is perhaps the best arm available, and he'll cost significantly less than Felix Hernandez.

Unfortunately, the Red Sox don't match up very well with the Rays. They'll have to overpay significantly because they're in the same division, for one. But the biggest problem is that the many of the Red Sox's highest ceiling players will end up at the same position at Longoria Cecchini/Bogarts/Middlebrooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    I was actually thinking the same thing today. David Price is perhaps the best arm available, and he'll cost significantly less than Felix Hernandez.

Unfortunately, the Red Sox don't match up very well with the Rays. They'll have to overpay significantly because they're in the same division, for one. But the biggest problem is that the many of the Red Sox's highest ceiling players will end up at the same position at Longoria Cecchini/Bogarts/Middlebrooks.
    Well, Bogaerts can play SS for at least his first few years while he fills out, and by the time he's needing to move to 3B, Longoria will be gone for a higher bidder.

Maybe you go with Swihart rather than Cecchini, since Cecchini will be coming up as a 3B as well. That's a good point.

Or, hell, would you go Bogaerts + Bradley + De La Rosa for Price? And, if need be, Doubront?

I'd be very reluctant to give up Bogaerts and Bradley, but Price would probably be worth it.

Deity

I don't think the Sox would give up Bradley cause that would play right into Boras' hands. I do think they could go Bogaerts+DeLaRosa + Doubront and maybe one other prospect or player of like kind to Bradley. I don't think Bradley is going anywhere.

I like Price and his name has been mentioned as possibly being moved, but the Rays aren't trading him to someone inside their division. The only way he ever ends up in Boston or with the $pankees is as a FA and that would cost big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I'd be very reluctant to give up Bogaerts and Bradley, but Price would probably be worth it.
    How about a three-team trade of Ellsbury/Doubront/Swihart?
    I would love to be able to figure out exactly what kind of prospects Ellsbury is worth-- his value in fantasy trades seems to be pretty inconsistent.

For example, if he does end up equaling two top-100 prospects, the Rays get three high ceiling prospects, and a solid pitcher in Doubront who has a 3.10 ERA at Tropicana field. The Red Sox lose Swihart, but otherwise no huge long term loss, and the third team gets an MVP-when-healthy.

Deity

Normally I would say trading a pitcher that good within the division when the Rays are still basically able to kick ass and take names would be hard to envision. But nothing the Rays do in the Trop seems to do anything to move the attendance numbers. Maybe it is such a horrible place to go see baseball that even Rays fans don't want to go. Maybe the lack of offense turns people off. I know if my home team regularly made life miserable for teams with monster payrolls and played decent baseball that would be enough for me.

Since the Rays seem to have so much to do to move the attendance numbers...maybe as much as move the heck out of the Trop as well as generating more offense, I can see them willing to part with Price in the division.

The other thing ya' gotta' like about Price is that unlike so many other guys that the Sox have bent over for, Price is the real deal. He is a proven monster already pitching in the AL East. The AL East may not at the moment still be the strongest division in baseball but it is still pretty tough especially on pitchers (many heavy hitters and hitters ballparks) and you still have two teams in the division that can afford to toss a heck of a lotta' money around.