Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Mock Draft

2013 Mock Draft

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft

They have the sox going with SD State 3b Kris Bryant, a massive kid with big time now power and good hands. Probably profiles more as a 1b due to his size, but his bat is big time. Let's see how this stacks up come June after this kid finishes out his season in SD.

They have the Yankees going with a HS OFer from MN named Ryan Boldt, a lefty with a sweet swing, but I know nothing else about him
    Hal sucks

Re: 2013 Mock Draft

The draft order will be interesting. BTW, I am basing money on last yrs slot values which will likely rise a little this yr.

The sox will have picks as follows
    #7, #48, #86, #116, #146, #176, #206, #236, #266, #296. That leaves them with 10 picks and a slot amount of $6.14 million.

The Yankees will have picks as follows (assuming Soriano signs elsewhere)
    #27, #34, #35, #69, #106, #136, #166, #196, #226, #256, #286, #316. That leaves them with 12 picks in the first 10 rounds and a slot amount of $7.15 million
    Hal sucks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post

They have the sox going with SD State 3b Kris Bryant, a massive kid with big time now power and good hands. Probably profiles more as a 1b due to his size, but his bat is big time. Let's see how this stacks up come June after this kid finishes out his season in SD.

They have the Yankees going with a HS OFer from MN named Ryan Boldt, a lefty with a sweet swing, but I know nothing else about him
    Haha, Bryant is pretty damn slow.

Nice idea for a thread. Baseball draft is a little more interesting now and learning about they guys heading into the draft will be good.

The Sox lack a big power threat at 1B in the minors. So I wouldn't be upset by that pick. Althoug it depends on what P is also available. Whats the P pool look like for this draft? Any pre season stand outs?

I don't know a whole lot about how the draft works etc. so I'm going to pop on in here and learn. I need to pay more attention to minor league stuff anyway.

It's going to be interesting. The sox really have one pick to make that could entirely change the direction of their future while the Yankees have multiple picks with which to try not to fuck up.

The question becomes, do the sox overdraft at slot 1 with a guy they know would take something like $1 mil and then re-allocate the other $2 million to players later in the draft?
    Hal sucks

It's going to be interesting. The sox really have one pick to make that could entirely change the direction of their future while the Yankees have multiple picks with which to try not to fuck up.

The question becomes, do the sox overdraft at slot 1 with a guy they know would take something like $1 mil and then re-allocate the other $2 million to players later in the draft?
    It's all going to come down to who is available. I can see them overpaying on the #7 pick if it's an very high upside type player. Which there should be as all I have heard/read is that it's a deep class this year.

All-Star

If I had to bet, I'd say the Sox sign a college pitcher, best left on the board.

I'd go with Stewart over Bryant if he's available. If we get either one though I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    It's all going to come down to who is available. I can see them overpaying on the #7 pick if it's an very high upside type player. Which there should be as all I have heard/read is that it's a deep class this year.
    It's really hard to overpay your top pick though. A lot of the overpaying will come with guys lower down because you underpaid your top guy.

Also, Bryant is getting some looks as the top guy in the draft alongside Appel now. He might not be available, but big frames with massive power and a plus hit skill are not standard. This kid could very well be your anchor at 1b for yrs to come
    Hal sucks

It's really hard to overpay your top pick though. A lot of the overpaying will come with guys lower down because you underpaid your top guy.

Also, Bryant is getting some looks as the top guy in the draft alongside Appel now. He might not be available, but big frames with massive power and a plus hit skill are not standard. This kid could very well be your anchor at 1b for yrs to come
    Yup could be. Looking forward to the draft this season.

I havent been this excited for a draft in awhile.
    Hal sucks

New mock draft with updated draft positions. They have Austin Wilson (a guy who was considered #1 as recent as 3 weeks ago) slipping to the sox at #7.

They have the Yankees nabbing a trio of prep players, 2 of which has been top 10 draftees in other mocks in JP Crawford and Jonathan Denney. They also have then nabbing Brett Morales.

Here's a list of guys I have seen attached to the sox pick at #7 over the last month
    Jonathan Crawford RHP Florida- mid 90s heat, plus slider
    Reese McGuire C Wash HS- top defensive catcher in draft class, plus potential bat
    Kohl Stewart RHP TX HS- athletic, power arm with a solid 3 pitch arsenal
    Karsten Whitson RHP Florida U- Power arm coming off an injury. #9 pick 2 yrs ago, spurned the Pads
    Kris Bryant OF SDU- Best college power hitter, most mocks are seeing him move into the top 3 of late, though
    Hal sucks

Why is Wilson slipping? Or are the others just rising?

I dont know. Wilson had been a consensus #1 coming into 2013, but he is slipping into the Sox range on a lot of mocks, and some even are seeing him slip past #10. He's your prototypical 5 tool OFer, I dont know why he's slipping
    Hal sucks