Thread: 2013 Mock Draft

Re: 2013 Mock Draft

He's a senior college pitcher, he doesn't have infinite leverage here
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdsxmbnt View Post
    You know what they say about common sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Standing Room View Post
    You're bogus.
    If you go 5-10% over your draft allotment, you lose your first rounder for the following yr. The Red Sox allotment for their entire draft is $6.83 million. Last yr, the Astros didn't pick Appel because he wanted the entire first round allotment of near $7 million. The sox first round pick is worth $3.24 million. If you assume all teams will go to the 5% wall, then that leaves that pick at $3.4 million. If Appel wanted $6 mil and believes he can get it, then the sox might be drafting him for no reason since he'll either kill their entire pool or he'll go to Indy ball and take his chances next yr. Regardless, I think the point is moot. He doesn't fall past the Cubs IMO
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Rdsxmbnt View Post
    Boras will advise his players to go to Indy ball if they don't get their money. I doubt it happens, though. I think the Cubbies nab him
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    If you go 5-10% over your draft allotment, you lose your first rounder for the following yr. The Red Sox allotment for their entire draft is $6.83 million. Last yr, the Astros didn't pick Appel because he wanted the entire first round allotment of near $7 million. The sox first round pick is worth $3.24 million. If you assume all teams will go to the 5% wall, then that leaves that pick at $3.4 million. If Appel wanted $6 mil and believes he can get it, then the sox might be drafting him for no reason since he'll either kill their entire pool or he'll go to Indy ball and take his chances next yr. Regardless, I think the point is moot. He doesn't fall past the Cubs IMO
    Yes, I'm sure he'll sit out a year. Thank you for blessing this thread with your wisdom.

Yes, I'm sure he'll sit out a year. Thank you for blessing this thread with your wisdom.
    JD Drew, Matt Harrington, Aaron Crow, etc are all examples of players going to Indy ball. It's rare, but it does happen
    Hal sucks

JD Drew, Matt Harrington, Aaron Crow, etc are all examples of players going to Indy ball. It's rare, but it does happen
    That would have been a valid point under the former rules. It's completely different now with the spending limits. The players you mentioned sat out because they were more than $5 million apart on the signing bonuses. No one is playing in the minors over $2-3 million unless they're a real diva.

That would have been a valid point under the former rules. It's completely different now with the spending limits. The players you mentioned sat out because they were more than $5 million apart on the signing bonuses. No one is playing in the minors over $2-3 million unless they're a real diva.
    Yeah, that's true. The thing is, the money drops off significantly in the first 10 picks, so if he slides, he might test it out. It's strange that the first to the 7th pick has a $4 mil drop in price
    Hal sucks

Banned

Also, if the sox got Appel, they'd torch the rest of their draft in order to not lose a draft pick next yr. He's gonna want big money
    I think you would have to consider doing that. It would be pretty rare for the Red Sox to get the opportunity to draft someone like Appel.

Keith Law is a moron. His most recent mock draft has the Sox taking Stanek at 7th, Frazier getting picked at 13th and Stewart getting picked at 16th. Talk about being desperate for readership.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/5/2...ock-draft-list

This one takes a few different mock drafts and adds them together for a semi consensus mock draft of sorts. Has the Red Sox taking Frazier.

BTW, Jonathan Gray tested positive for Adderal. It wont affect his draft stock apparently
    Hal sucks

Banned

Must be finals week at OU.

Last mock has the Yankees selecting Jagielo, Kaminsky, and Denney. If they got that haul, I'd be frickin ecstatic
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    Must be finals week at OU.
    Yeah, when I was in college a bunch of my teammates would take Addy and study all night for finals because they never went to class. Seemed like more trouble than it was worth.