Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jake Simpson: Why Tom Brady Is Already The Best QB Ever.

Re: Jake Simpson: Why Tom Brady Is Already The Best QB Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    Emmz how is Peyton Manning easily better than Tom Brady?
    Let's put it this way, the Colts won 2 games without Manning, the Pats won 11 without Brady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Let's put it this way, the Colts won 2 games without Manning, the Pats won 11 without Brady.
    Congratulations, you've proven that Matt Cassel is a better quarterback than Curtis Painter. Confirmed by the fact that Cassel led the KC Chiefs into the playoffs a couple years after his stint in NE while Painter is flipping burgers or selling insurance or something.

I'm not going to pretend that Matt Cassell is some sort of stud, but he was good enough that a good team could work with him, he was a smart, reasonably accurate thrower and he grew a lot that year. he reminded me a lot of the guy Tom Brady was in his own first few campaigns, and while obviously Cassel didn't have the upside to become what Bray has matured into, he proved he could lead his team well enough to beat good teams.

Painter by contrast was a disaster, learned nothing, and led a solid team deep into the cellar. The contrast goes to prove that we could have done so much worse when Brady went down that one year. Heck, if I recall correctly there were people that year who WANTED us to. Fortunately the Patriots felt they had enough talent to win and they were right. They came within a 4 way tiebreaker of the playoffs if I recall correctly.

Not sure the Colts were similarly committed, since they basically tanked to get a high pick that year. Their commitment to tanking is as obvious as the fact that they kept Painter all year. No way BB does that. Cassel deserved and got his chance, but if Cassel had been that horrendous, he would have gone to the next guy. Painter was the player the Colts threw out there in order to have a warm body in the position while they tanked. If I recall Carson Palmer was on the move that year, and if they weren't tanking for Luck, he would have been a Colt. I'm fairly confident that that's the move BB would have made under the same circumstances.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

The pats first SB was based on their defense . Brady didn't do jack shit in that postseason .
    Super bowl are won as a team . It's too damn bad that the 49ERS didn't go after Manning , he would have easily won a few more SB with that defense.

Manning went into a Denver team with no star receiver and he managed to have one of his best years ever .

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    The pats first SB was based on their defense . Brady didn't do jack shit in that postseason .
    Super bowl are won as a team . It's too damn bad that the 49ERS didn't go after Manning , he would have easily won a few more SB with that defense.

Manning went into a Denver team with no star receiver and he managed to have one of his best years ever .
    Guess that final drive when Madden was saying to take a knee was just my imagination?

Double A

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Alot of other variables there.

Manning has now been eliminated from the playoffs in the first round 8 times in 14 seasons. 8 one and dones. No thanks, give me the guy who wins. In the era of the QB, Tom Brady is in the same league as Joe Montana. Montana is 1A, Brady is 1B, Elway is 2, Manning is 3. Then you have guys like Jonny Unitas, Otto Graham and Bart Starr. After all those guys is Brett Favre and Dan Marino.

Quote Originally Posted by ?who? View Post
    Alot of other variables there.

Manning has now been eliminated from the playoffs in the first round 8 times in 14 seasons. 8 one and dones. No thanks, give me the guy who wins. In the era of the QB, Tom Brady is in the same league as Joe Montana. Montana is 1A, Brady is 1B, Elway is 2, Manning is 3. Then you have guys like Jonny Unitas, Otto Graham and Bart Starr. After all those guys is Brett Favre and Dan Marino.
    Brady ahead oh Johnny U who revolutionized the QB position, is just absurd.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Double A

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post

Yeah, because Manning has been flawless in the postseason lol.

There isn't a QB I would want less than Peyton Manning in a postseason game. No QB pees their pants as well as Peyton. He should take a few lessons from his brother, the better postseason football player.

Double A

If you don't like Brady I guess it is.

If not a pats fan or a colts fan, I have zero bias.

Double A

Cy Young revolutionalized the pitching position in baseball.

Is he the best ever?

By the end of his career he will not even be as good as Aaron Rodgers and maybe even Drew Bree's. I guess they plus Peyton are all all- time greats playing at the same time. I am sorry, but I am not buying it. The rules of the game are skewed in favor of chucking the ball today. That is why the stats are so gaudy.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Cy Young revolutionalized the pitching position in baseball.

Is he the best ever?
    Uh the award for best pitcher is named after him.

Double A

By the end of his career he will not even be as good as Aaron Rodgers and maybe even Drew Bree's. I guess they plus Peyton are all all- time greats playing at the same time. I am sorry, but I am not buying it. The rules of the game are skewed in favor of chucking the ball today. That is why the stats are so gaudy.
    You lost me at Drew Brees. Rest of it wasnt worth reading when I got to that point.

Double A

Uh the award for best pitcher is named after him.
    lol

If you don't like Brady I guess it is.

If not a pats fan or a colts fan, I have zero bias.
    I like Brady. I'm not a Pats fan. I'm a Giants fan, so I have no axe to grind with Brady, but he is not better than Unitas, on the all time great scale. None of today 's QBs match Johnny U as an all-time great. The rules are different today-- mamby pamby compared to the era of Unitas.

You lost me at Drew Brees. Rest of it wasnt worth reading when I got to that point.
    If you didn't read it, you shouldn't have responded.