Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jake Simpson: Why Tom Brady Is Already The Best QB Ever.

Double A

Re: Jake Simpson: Why Tom Brady Is Already The Best QB Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I like Brady. I'm not a Pats fan. I'm a Giants fan, so I have no axe to grind with Brady, but he is not better than Unitas, on the all time great scale. None of today 's QBs match Johnny U as an all-time great. The rules are different today-- mamby pamby compared to the era of Unitas.
    Don't kid yourself. You don't like Brady, because you don't like the pats. I figured that out just reading this thread as well as the other NFL thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ?who? View Post
    Don't kid yourself. You don't like Brady, because you don't like the pats. I figured that out just reading this thread as well as the other NFL thread.
    I am not a Pats fan, but I like them because they regularly beat the Jets like a drum, and as a Giants fan, I really like to see the Jets get their lumps. How about I'll tell you who I like. That's the way things usually work.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Double A

That would be like me liking the Cardinals, for beating the White Sox. Thats impossible. Also, you are a Redsox and Giants fan? Talk about displaced.

Quote Originally Posted by ?who? View Post
    That would be like me liking the Cardinals, for beating the White Sox. Thats impossible. Also, you are a Redsox and Giants fan? Talk about displaced.
    If you were a Cubs fan, that would make some sense.

There are a lot of fans, especially around my age, that root for that combo. In the 60's, the only fans of the Pats were their family members. They didn't stop being a joke for about 20 years. By then, man thousands of New Englanders had already formed an allegiance to the Giants.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Let's put it this way, the Colts won 2 games without Manning, the Pats won 11 without Brady.
    That is a terrible way to put it.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Peyton Manning's playoff record is really unimpressive, at the end of the day it comes down to championships, I'm not saying just because you win a championship you are better than somebody. For example, Dilfer is not better than Marino.

However, when comparing players that are as close as Brady and Peyton, I would take Brady based on playoff success difference. . The only QB who in the last 10 years who can compare with Brady's playoff success is Roethlisberger and he has been carried greatly by an unbelievable defense, if Peyton was on Roethlisbergers teams, he'd have won at least 3 super bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcupine penis View Post
    However, when comparing players that are as close as Brady and Peyton, I would take Brady based on playoff success difference. . The only QB who in the last 10 years who can compare with Brady's playoff success is Roethlisberger and he has been carried greatly by an unbelievable defense, if Peyton was on Roethlisbergers teams, he'd have won at least 3 super bowls.
    Brady was also carried by a great defense early in this career, especially during his first Superbowl when he only threw for 145 yards. Not to mention all three wins were won by 3 points, they could have easily gone the other way. Are you aware Brady is only 7-for-7 in his last 14 playoffs games?

Tom Brady is just a spiral-throwing, no-huddling version of Derek Jeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Brady was also carried by a great defense early in this career, especially during his first Superbowl when when he only threw for 145 yards. Are you aware Brady is only 7-for-7 in his last 14 playoffs games?
    You're touching on the fact that there are way too many variables that need to be factored into the equation. How good was their D? How good was their line and their receivers? How good was their team's running game? What was the quality of the defenses they faced, etc, etc, etc.

Obviously Brady and Peyton are two of the best of their era. I'm unwilling to talk about "best ever" because times change and even if you dominate your era, it doesn't follow that you would dominate every era - kinda hard to say how Unitas would fare nowadays.

I'm also gonna wimp out and say that if I had a must-win game, I'd be comfortable with either Peyton or Brady at the absolute top of their games. If that was a playoff game, yeah, edge goes to Tom Terrific.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Tom Brady is just a spiral-throwing, no-huddling version of Derek Jeter.
    Probably best not to try to compare one-way football players to two-way baseball players.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I may be a Broncos fan, but I would want Brady out there if my life depended on a must-win game.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win