Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 121

Thread: Who is most athletic athlete?

  1. #31

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    http://m.bbref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXtXXthorpji01.shtml

    Oh god fuckin eh what a stud baseball player man. I wish we had his .286 lifetime on base percentage in Boston. We fucking need someone like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

  2. #32

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    In fairness, we should mention Deion Sanders.

  3. #33

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Post stats of his major sports career. K?

    That statement was about major sports, and it's extremely accurate. He was not that good at pro baseball or basketball.

    Who gives a flying fuck about amateur sports.
    People who know just how competitive the Olympics are? Winning a decathlon is a major achievement. Also, no amount of derogatory comments about his stats won't diminish the fact that he played at the highest level in all three sports.
    We miss you Mike.

  4. #34

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Post stats of his major sports career. K?

    That statement was about major sports, and it's extremely accurate. He was not that good at pro baseball or basketball.

    Who gives a flying fuck about amateur sports.
    So an athlete can only be athletic if he's playing what Americans regard as major sports? Dude, what happened to you? You used to be way better than the bullshit arguments you're throwing up of late. If you're just going the troll route, stop wasting our time, because I KNOW you're better than this.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #35

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    No comments necessary, he was a mediocre baseball player and not important enough (probably due to mediocrity) to have any info on his basketball career.

    Just read the stats. And uhh, okay, well he was a great athlete, but he was mediocre at baseball. Bo was better at Thorpe's own game, and was an all-star in a sport he stunk at.

    He can run the decathalon and win all the golds he wants, Bo Jackson was very possibly a dual-sport HOFer if not for a fluke play that would never have happened if he wasn't as powerful a runner as he was. Bo Jackson was better at what he did. Thorpe was versatile, and skilled enough to play professionally in almost anything, but Bo is the better athlete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

  6. #36

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    So when you speak of the "better athlete" the one who could be a dual-pro-sport HOF is better than the one who could be a one pro-sport HOF, but win Olympic gold medals and play several other sports professionally? That's your opinion, but i don't share it at all. We can agree to disagree.

    For what it's worth, Thorpe is considered the best athlete of the past century by a lot of historians and sportswriters. There's a reason for that.
    We miss you Mike.

  7. #37

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    No comments necessary, he was a mediocre baseball player and not important enough (probably due to mediocrity) to have any info on his basketball career.

    Just read the stats. And uhh, okay, well he was a great athlete, but he was mediocre at baseball. Bo was better at Thorpe's own game, and was an all-star in a sport he stunk at.

    He can run the decathalon and win all the golds he wants, Bo Jackson was very possibly a dual-sport HOFer if not for a fluke play that would never have happened if he wasn't as powerful a runner as he was. Bo Jackson was better at what he did. Thorpe was versatile, and skilled enough to play professionally in almost anything, but Bo is the better athlete.
    [youtube=]o1eHKf-dMwo[/youtube]
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #38

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    I think many historians consider Bo Jackson the best athlete of the last century as well, so that's a moot point.

    Jackson was better at two major sports than Thorpe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

  9. #39

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Where are they? On my searches i have not seen any publication or writer name Bo Jackson over Thorpe. The burden of proof is on you.

    And what does does Jackson being "better at two major sports" prove? He can't touch Thorpe's ability to excel at basically any and all sports.
    We miss you Mike.

  10. #40

    Unhappy Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    So an athlete can only be athletic if he's playing what Americans regard as major sports? Dude, what happened to you? You used to be way better than the bullshit arguments you're throwing up of late. If you're just going the troll route, stop wasting our time, because I KNOW you're better than this.
    It's just way too common for someone to accuse another of trolling because of a disagreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

  11. #41

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    I was also looking up some other people and wow, Julius Peppers was a hell of an athlete. I was watching film of him and he was absolutely insane on the football field and on the basketball court.

  12. #42

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    It's just way too common for someone to accuse another of trolling because of a disagreement.
    Some opinions are just way too dumb/ill-informed to be considered as anything but.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #43

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Where are they? On my searches i have not seen any publication or writer name Bo Jackson over Thorpe. The burden of proof is on you.

    And what does does Jackson being "better at two major sports" prove? He can't touch Thorpe's ability to excel at basically any and all sports.
    I am failing to see the wisdom of placing more importance on baseball and football skills than general athletic skills which are tested to a higher level since the Olympics are competed for by athletes from the entire world, not just a small pool from a handful of countries at best.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #44

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    I'm sorry, but being good at professional sports does not make you "the best!" The original argument going for LeBron is so wrong because he only plays one sport and isn't an all-around athlete! Bo Jackson is definitely an excellent player, no doubt about it, but his overall athleticism just doesn't compare.
    Ted Williams was the best Red Sox player ever. Period.

  15. #45

    Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteandnerdy42 View Post
    I'm sorry, but being good at professional sports does not make you "the best!" The original argument going for LeBron is so wrong because he only plays one sport and isn't an all-around athlete! Bo Jackson is definitely an excellent player, no doubt about it, but his overall athleticism just doesn't compare.
    My argument for LBJ stems from what i've read about his physical abilities, but from the description in this post then Jim Thorpe is your man.
    We miss you Mike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •