Register now to remove this ad

Thread: So, I have a "metal" band

So, I have a "metal" band

I figure I'd post this, since we recently made a bandcamp and facebook page for our material, mainly to find ourselves a drummer. Me and my buddy have been working on this project for years, over 5 years really, and recently everything has started to come together. I put metal in quotation marks because we are highly influenced by metal, but our sound goes farther than that I think, like elements of post-rock, metal, punk maybe, a whole bunch of stuff.(influences would be stuff like Isis, Neurosis, Mastodon, Baroness, Slayer, Metallica, Danzig, etc.) A lot of the stuff is just guitar tracks recorded by the lead guitarist at home but will eventually be full blown songs, and there is a "live" version of a song with my bass playing. I'd appreciate it if you guys would check it out, let me know what you think. If any of you are in Mass and play drums or are related to music in any way and could give me some constructive criticism or pointers on getting shows and all that, that would be appreciated. We plan on recording an EP in spring or so.

Bandcamp:
    http://titanis.bandcamp.com/album/demo-tracks

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/TitanisBand

Re: So, I have a "metal" band

I forgot, but Black Sabbath and Sleep are huge influences, especially for me. Geezer Butler and Al Cisneros are my heros haha

The music is in my wheelhouse. Your hair is out of control. That Yankees hat is horrible.

Are you going to add a vocalist?

It's tough to really judge the music w/o a drummer and while listenning on my phone.

I'm raising my kid to be a drummer since they are so hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego View Post
    I forgot, but Black Sabbath and Sleep are huge influences, especially for me. Geezer Butler and Al Cisneros are my heros haha
    Yeah, can definitely hear more "Sleep" than other bands mentionned.

We are all going to do vocals I guess. Just haven't worked out lyrics and all that. Should just be yelling style vocals. Drummers are very hard to come by, hopefully your kid becomes a great one. We had a guy play with us a few times who lives out near Boston, and he is great and made the songs sound great, but he is in 2 bands. He may possibly record the demo with us though, but eventually we'll get someone full time. When we have the full recordings I'll bump this thread with them. Thanks for checking us out!

I figured I'd update this thread since it's been 10 months and we got a drummer, have better gear, and had a ton of gigs since I made this post, plus this place has members who like heavier music. Things have gone well, we've had the opportunity to play with some great bands. Here's a decent video of one of our more proggy songs from a show back in August

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrT2pk8bA0w

Congrats my friend, nice to hear your dream is coming true. BTW good stuff!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego View Post
    I figured I'd update this thread since it's been 10 months and we got a drummer, have better gear, and had a ton of gigs since I made this post, plus this place has members who like heavier music. Things have gone well, we've had the opportunity to play with some great bands. Here's a decent video of one of our more proggy songs from a show back in August

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrT2pk8bA0w
    There's definitely something to that, keep us posted if you release something in studio, would definitely want to check it out.

Like the use of feedback, the different tempos, free soloing. Sounds like Sleep+free jazz jamming or something. Really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Thanks guys. Glad you dig it. We'll be recording an EP or album within the next few months. I'll post it when it's done.

We finally recorded, heres a rough mix of the first track. Whole thing will be coming out this April http://titanis.bandcamp.com/track/hyperion-rough-mix

!!!