Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Deity

Re: The NHL Thread

Bruins need to get Chara off the Power Play. That is assuming they get another one during these finals. Chara at the point is just killing what is already a none to great Power Play. It is getting to the point where the Bruins are so defensive minded as a team that all they end up doing is playing defense. Well you can't just spend a whole game trying to stymie the other team's scoring chances. At some point you have to find some way to get the puck into the opponent's goal.

Kelly with the equalizer! Just when I began to think it wouldn't happen..
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity

Bruins started hitting again and I noticed they did take Chara off the point on the Power Play. They have to play their game and that means they have to win the battles in the corners and behind the goal.

Deity

They stuck Chara back out on the point of the PP during the second half of that PP that crossed into the 3rd period and it completely killed that PP. Chara can't get the puck up through center ice and the Hanks are not allowing him to even get up to a point where he can dump it in. They are attacking Chara as soon as the puck touches him and he really does not have an answer for that. The minutes may have finally caught up to Chara as well.

Another game goes to OT. These two teams truly belong here. They just do not quit.

Fuck yeah! We're tied heading back to Boston! Paille getting the job done!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity

What a game...what a professional effort by the Bruins....just dominated OT after that tough game 1. Great win well deserved....what a great series this is shaping up to be.

More Paille please!

BRUINS WIN IN OVERTIME!

The Bruins dominated this game and unlike Game 1, the Hawks didn't get multiple goals on lucky bounces. No goals off Ference's skate (although he played like shit) and no double deflections. Rask has been money. The Bruins have home ice now, they stole a game on the road.

Love any line that has Paille and Seguin. Speeeed!

Deity

Ference did play like shit. He has been scary at times lately. But I do think the Bruins just flat outplayed the Hawks from the second period on. They deserved this game. I think that if the Hawks had won, they would have been guilty of stealing a game cause they were dominated through the end of regulation and into the OT.

The ebb and flow is going to be crazy in this series; As soon as one team lets up mentally just the tiniest bit, the other team doesn't just take over marginally...the other team goes nuts!

Hell I feel like the Bruins should have had the first game based on how bananas the first OT was. There were at least 4 moments in the first game where I was wondering what act of God prevented them from winning.

Deity

I think seeing Lucic coming at you when you are wearing the other sweater in a game like this must be like seeing a mack truck coming that you know has no brakes. Time for a quick prayer and that is about it.

Ference better not be back next year. B's should go with Bart, Krug AND Dougie next year. I'd also move Peverly and Kelly to keep Horty.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I think seeing Lucic coming at you when you are wearing the other sweater in a game like this must be like seeing a mack truck coming that you know has no brakes. Time for a quick prayer and that is about it.
    And Bickell is Mr Invisible.