Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Re: The NHL Thread

Hawks fans are so butthurt about this one. They're blaming the refs and claiming the puck that appeared close to crossing the line 10 seconds after the play was whistled dead should have counted.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2013...uins-ot-thread

Deity

Yea.... I would go into mourning if the B's lost Horton to keep Peverly and Kelly.

Deity

If somebody heard this different...please correct me.

In his post game John Q said that the official told him that "He had intended blowing the whistle". What.....sorry I cannot imagine an official saying the goal did not count cause he had "intended" to blow the whistle. He blew the whistle....end of story...Jeez.

If somebody saw the same post game and heard John Q different, I would believe that. But that is what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Standing Room View Post
    Hawks fans are so butthurt about this one. They're blaming the refs and claiming the puck that appeared close to crossing the line 10 seconds after the play was whistled dead should have counted.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2013...uins-ot-thread

My facebook feed is lighting up with Blackhawks fans whining. They don't realize that they really should be down 0-2 if it weren't for the "BABIP" gods.

Yes, I realize I used a baseball term in hockey but that's the only way I can put it.

Blackhawks fans are annoying me about as much as Heat fans are recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    If somebody heard this different...please correct me.

In his post game John Q said that the official told him that "He had intended blowing the whistle". What.....sorry I cannot imagine an official saying the goal did not count cause he had "intended" to blow the whistle. He blew the whistle....end of story...Jeez.

If somebody saw the same post game and heard John Q different, I would believe that. But that is what I heard.
    NHL released a statement saying he did in fact blow the whistle. But even if he intended to blow the whistle and the whistle somehow malfunctioned, the goal would not have counted.

Deity

I would be lying if I said I know the specifics of the rule. Do we know if they stopped play to check the time of the whistle vs the location of the puck or if they stopped play to get a clarification on the ruling from the league officials on the scene siting upstairs? I don't think we ever found out what they were doing during that period when the officials on the ice were talking to the officials upstairs. In any event, they did make it clear that the whistle blew first. So I have no idea what the Hawk fans are squawking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I would be lying if I said I know the specifics of the rule. Do we know if they stopped play to check the time of the whistle vs the location of the puck or if they stopped play to get a clarification on the ruling from the league officials on the scene siting upstairs? I don't think we ever found out what they were doing during that period when the officials on the ice were talking to the officials upstairs. In any event, they did make it clear that the whistle blew first. So I have no idea what the Hawk fans are squawking about.
    In order for the goal to have counted, there would have needed to be definitive evidence that the puck was completely across the line before the whistle was blown. I don't think there was definitive evidence that the puck completely crossed the line, and it appeared the whistle was blown well before the puck went in. I'm not exactly sure what they were looking at upstairs either.

Deity

Come on Bruins.....I know we are not the "skating" team at least when compared to the Hawks but can we have the pre-game skate without wiping each other out? Lucic and Chara no less. That is like a Mac truck running into an Abrams tank!

So far, not sure if Chara is OK as he skated off the ice and looked a little shaky doing it.

Light em up up up

I know Rask has got it in the bag at this point but if he hadn't, you might have to look to Dan Paille as a Smythe contender, 2 GWG's so far and active in a near-perfect PK, if he pots another one, he starts to make it interesting.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

IF Bruins win, it's between Bergeron and Rask. Maybe Krejci.

great game last night, B's getting it done, both teams played well...an Original Six Cup Final...you gotta love this!!
    he's not going to Michigan...he's going to Cooperstown...

Rask hasn't allowed a goal on home ice in over 150 minutes. I predict the home team wins the next three games, which would allow the Bruins to celebrate on home ice.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    IF Bruins win, it's between Bergeron and Rask. Maybe Krejci.

While I don't disagree with any of the names you mentioned, where they beat Paille is in overall contribution throughout the playoffs. The Smythe is for the Finals itself. If a guy with 2 GWG's in a best of 7 isn't at least mentioned, then hype and status have been given too much play in the ultimate team sport.

Most of the time the Smythe contenders are going to be the overall best known players on a team. However, if a 4th liner could never win the Smythe, I'd call that a flawed system and expect people to agree. And if a fourth liner can win the Smythe, Paille needs to be talked about as a dark horse.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

The Bruins winning will be a slight consolation prize if the Spurs lose to the Heat. Only slight but anything is better than nothing.