Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

That's something like 12 of the last 13 games they have played that the Habs have won.

The Bruins are jinxed.

Not jinxed. Bruins are horrible this year. Only two decent defensemen. 3rd and 4th lines should be in Providence.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Not jinxed. Bruins are horrible this year. Only two decent defensemen. 3rd and 4th lines should be in Providence.
    I was just commenting on the record vs Montreal.

I don't follow the Bruin, really.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I could have sworn the Bruins fired Julien already, but I guess not.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Legend
    Defense is lousy - and the management does not want to play more "trap" even though that's probably the only way the team can compete ... Julien should be axed out of mercy

Saddest thing of them all is the realization that the B's essentially traded Phil Kessel for Loui Eriksson when all the carnage is added up.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Defense is lousy - and the management does not want to play more "trap" even though that's probably the only way the team can compete ... Julien should be axed out of mercy

Saddest thing of them all is the realization that the B's essentially traded Phil Kessel for Loui Eriksson when all the carnage is added up.
    16 GA in 3 games, and I imagined it was largely the D leaving Rusk out to dry.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Bruins' winter classic jerseys not looking so hot.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Yahoo seriously sucks so much, I have to stop reading their articles.

Headline: Raanta gets shutout, hot Rangers rout Coyotes 4-1
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

NHL expansion is such a bad idea. Instead of giving Canada more teams, they'll be hellbent on bringing hockey to more subprime American markets who don't really want it - Las Vegas, eg.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Have you seen the Canadian dollar lately? Last time it was this bad the Jets and the Nordiques didn't survive and the Oilers barely survived. Canada is not competitive right now, won't be until their dollar comes back. I'd be willing to be that a lot of Canadian owners are subsidizing their franchises right now to cover payroll, which is tied to the US dollar because the NHL is technically run out the US
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    Have you seen the Canadian dollar lately? Last time it was this bad the Jets and the Nordiques didn't survive and the Oilers barely survived. Canada is not competitive right now, won't be until their dollar comes back. I'd be willing to be that a lot of Canadian owners are subsidizing their franchises right now to cover payroll, which is tied to the US dollar because the NHL is technically run out the US
    True. I just mean from the pov of interest in the game, there's no comparison between Canada and non-traditional American markets. I realize they have to make it pay.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

John Scott should have missed this All Star Game for one simple reason. He should have been run out of the league years ago.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Wow, Steve Mason. Nice stick work. Or not.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Nice to see the Rangers ousted. Fuck them.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

That Blackhawks game was something else. I can feel it. If they win tomorrow night, they're going to the Finals again, especially since the Kings, and their playoff magic of recent years, are out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you