Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Re: The NHL Thread

Welcome back, Playoff Marchand.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

The Campbell line is our third line.

It's time to recognize this.

Also... where on earth did Torey Krug come from and why am I only now hearing of him?
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Krug came from the AHL where he broke scoring records for a rookie defensemen. NBC refuses to acknowledge that the AHL exists because they don't have a contract with them.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2...wledge-the-ahl

Huge game by our real third line.

Workman effort from the Merlot line. Very impressive win considering how lopsided the officiating was. Rangers have had ten straight power plays go their way at home.

Have to put in a plug for the Halifax Mooseheads, who will be playing in the Memorial Cup final game on Sunday, for the junior hockey championship of Canada.

Off night for Tuukka. That's a game we should have had. I hope we wrap this up Saturday so the captain can get some rest and the rest of the defense can heal up.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

So sick of seeing the Red Wings going deep in the playoffs but I'm not putting any faith in Chicago coming back.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Yeah, doesn't look like Chicago has the mental toughness to make a deep run. They're only sabotaging themselves by blowing their lids over every petty thing Detroit does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    So sick of seeing the Red Wings going deep in the playoffs but I'm not putting any faith in Chicago coming back.
    As a Red Wings Fan

:harhar:

This series is also not over. Chicago has the team to come back from 3-1

I don't care about the Red Wings, but I just want the Blackhawks to lose so I'm fine with it thus far. Now the Rangers just need to go away too.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion View Post
    I don't care about the Red Wings, but I just want the Blackhawks to lose so I'm fine with it thus far. Now the Rangers just need to go away too.
    Odds of Rangers winning against this Bruins team are lower than my chances of scoring with Kate Upton.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Penguins dominated the Sens again. They're moving on. That's kind of scary how well they did against a solid defensive team. The Sens are obviously a let less experienced than the Bruins though and it seems like they had already given up on the series. When your captain tells reporters he doesn't think the team can come back from down 3-1, you know you're in trouble.

I'd be shocked if the Pens don't win the cup. They just destroyed one of the best goaltender during the year. Their offense is just way too good.

I felt the same way about the Canucks in 2011. It's different when you get to wear down a skill team over seven games.