Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Yankees in-game thread

2013 Yankees in-game thread

I havent been this unexcited about the start of a season in a long time. Maybe it has to do with my life at home, maybe it has to do with the team being fucking injured or maybe it has to do with the fact that instead of replacing or re-signing our talent, we signed the injured portion of the 2006 AL All Star team. Game 1 couldnt have been worse. Our lone bright spot offensively was provided by a AAAA catcher getting a little single with the sacks packed after Nix sucked nuts prior to him. Before and after that one moment, this team had no fucking life. I hope that they decide to come out to play on Wednesday. This isnt a team with the makeup or the talent as of right now to take a big deficit and chip away to make it a lead late. This is a team that needs its pitching to be perfect, and CC sucked today
    Hal sucks

Re: 2013 Yankees in-game thread

First post.

THEEE YANKEEES LOSE.

Sorry, had to be done :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    First post.

THEEE YANKEEES LOSE.

Sorry, had to be done :lol:
    You need more E's and even some A's. Allow me.
    THAAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEEEEEEEEEES LOOOOOOOOOOSE.

That's better. :thumbsup:
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Yeah, CC kinda sucked; and how about Joba the Hutt? Another great performance for him. Sorry your boys are too fragile and old to do shit on the field.
    Ted Williams was the best Red Sox player ever. Period.

The Yankees have been due for a down year for a long time. Their offseason and their spring training, in combination, were amazingly disastrous. Still we're only one game in, and guys will be coming back. Nova will be a key guy for them this year. Is Pineda expected back anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Yankees have been due for a down year for a long time. Their offseason and their spring training, in combination, were amazingly disastrous. Still we're only one game in, and guys will be coming back. Nova will be a key guy for them this year. Is Pineda expected back anytime soon?
    Pineda has been throwing well in his side sessions. He should start a rehab assignment in May and is expected to be fully ready come June. I anticipate the Yankees will hold him back a bit and wait until he is completely ready.
    Hal sucks

I know we'd been due for a rough yr, but with the pitching returning, I thought we'd hold off father time for one more yr. I still might be right, but when you lose Martin and Swisher via FA, then ARod, Tex, and Granderson for a long while, you're kinda up shit's creek. And now with Derek out, who knows when we'll actually see our full lineup. This team is going to have to play .700 ball when they're all back to contend.
    Hal sucks

Hal Steinbrenner is living up to his early promise as a cold-hearted business guy like I hoped he would. :lol:

In the 'old days' if the Yankees let go of a power bat like Swisher they'd replace it with another one.

Hal Steinbrenner is living up to his early promise as a cold-hearted business guy like I hoped he would. :lol:

In the 'old days' if the Yankees let go of a power bat like Swisher they'd replace it with another one.
    He may be a cold hearted business guy, but if you thought the pink hats were bad, just wait to see what the pink pinstripers will pull. If this team shows no signs of life come mid May, Yankee Stadium will be a ghost town. The money he'd lose from revenue will make the rebate and lux tax money saved look like pocket change.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Pineda has been throwing well in his side sessions. He should start a rehab assignment in May and is expected to be fully ready come June. I anticipate the Yankees will hold him back a bit and wait until he is completely ready.
    He's probably in the same boat as Ruby De La Rosa right now in that he's going to need a few months to build up his pitch counts/innings so he's not a 4-5 IP pitcher when he comes back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    He may be a cold hearted business guy, but if you thought the pink hats were bad, just wait to see what the pink pinstripers will pull. If this team shows no signs of life come mid May, Yankee Stadium will be a ghost town. The money he'd lose from revenue will make the rebate and lux tax money saved look like pocket change.
    Yankee stadium in the bottom of the 9th:
    https://twitter.com/Lescarpenter/sta...047872/photo/1

Unfortunately, we all know that after seeing the Yankees do poorly for a year, the organization will spend big this offseason and say screw the luxury tax.

Yankee stadium in the bottom of the 9th:
    https://twitter.com/Lescarpenter/sta...047872/photo/1

Unfortunately, we all know that after seeing the Yankees do poorly for a year, the organization will spend big this offseason and say screw the luxury tax.
    3/4 of them probably left in the top half of the 9th.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Cano just fired Boras as his agent. Crazy.

Cano just fired Boras as his agent. Crazy.
    What's even crazier is he hired Jay-Z as his new agent. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    What's even crazier is he hired Jay-Z as his new agent. :lol:
    That's probably the best news Yankees fans have had all year.

Boras must be inconsolable right now.