Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Yankees in-game thread

Re: 2013 Yankees in-game thread

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    That's probably the best news Yankees fans have had all year.

Boras must be inconsolable right now.
    He's probably wiping his tears with hundred dollar bills.
    We miss you Mike.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Yankee stadium in the bottom of the 9th:
    https://twitter.com/Lescarpenter/sta...047872/photo/1

Unfortunately, we all know that after seeing the Yankees do poorly for a year, the organization will spend big this offseason and say screw the luxury tax.
    Ken Rosenthal posted the same exact picture on twitter. I couldn't belive how empty the stadium was.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Yankee stadium in the bottom of the 9th:
    https://twitter.com/Lescarpenter/sta...047872/photo/1

Unfortunately, we all know that after seeing the Yankees do poorly for a year, the organization will spend big this offseason and say screw the luxury tax.
    Hank and Hal have had winners every yr since George relinquished control sans 2008. 2008 was understandable since we lost so many players in season. This yr, before the hot stove even turned on, we lost ARod and then during the hot part we essentially traded Swisher and Martin for Youkilis. They came into camp with almost no margin for error, then Tex and Grandy go down and Jeter is taking awhile. They don't have the players to make up for that right now and lots of fans are down on them. I've said it before, but come the end of May, if we're 15 games out, YS will be a ghost town an Hank and Hal would be fools not to infuse money again. I know the Yankee payroll set a new record this yr, but it just might not be enough. And to consider paring another $42 million from this club would be eviscerating to the talent level
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Hank and Hal have had winners every yr since George relinquished control sans 2008. 2008 was understandable since we lost so many players in season. This yr, before the hot stove even turned on, we lost ARod and then during the hot part we essentially traded Swisher and Martin for Youkilis. They came into camp with almost no margin for error, then Tex and Grandy go down and Jeter is taking awhile. They don't have the players to make up for that right now and lots of fans are down on them. I've said it before, but come the end of May, if we're 15 games out, YS will be a ghost town an Hank and Hal would be fools not to infuse money again. I know the Yankee payroll set a new record this yr, but it just might not be enough. And to consider paring another $42 million from this club would be eviscerating to the talent level
    Sounds a lot like the Sox putting a lot of money into Crawford and Gonzalez only to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Tell that to every single other team that has won a World Series since about, oh, 1903. Turns out spending a metric shitton of money doesn't always make you the best team. Red Sox fans, and fans of literally every other team in baseball have been trying to point this out to obnoxious Yankees fans in bars and stadiums for longer than I've been alive. Could it be you're finally listening?

This team sucks moosecock
    Hal sucks

Of course, no Jeter, Tex, A-Rod, etc.

They look dead, akin to how they looked in the ALCS. This is looking like a bad hangover
    Hal sucks

One of your best posts.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Of course, no Jeter, Tex, A-Rod, etc.
    Are they starting pitchers now?

No time table on Jetes or Tex.

Arod is done, needs to retire.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

...and they're pretty terrible at baseball, too.

:lol:

The starters let us down, no doubt. I anticipate that they'll get their shit together. But just like in the playoffs, our starters have to be near perfect or else we lose. Our hitting sucks asshole right now and it doesn't even look like the team has any urgency or even any fire. By the time our full team returns, we might be in position for a protected pick. We need a spark. I hope Pettitte can turn it around tonight and give us something positive going into a buzzsaw in detroit
    Hal sucks

The starters let us down, no doubt. I anticipate that they'll get their shit together. But just like in the playoffs, our starters have to be near perfect or else we lose. Our hitting sucks asshole right now and it doesn't even look like the team has any urgency or even any fire. By the time our full team returns, we might be in position for a protected pick. We need a spark. I hope Pettitte can turn it around tonight and give us something positive going into a buzzsaw in detroit
    If Kuroda hadn't gotten hurt, the Yankees might have won. All I'm saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

What the Yankees need to worry about is losing their fanbase. Red Sox Yankee tickets shouldn't be going for $20 on Stubhub, and no stadium should ever be as empty as YS was last night. This is a franchise whose fans have forgotten what it feels like to be a loser, and it doesn't seem like they're going to be particularly tolerant. One of my Yankee friends has already given up on the team and is rooting for the Natonals, appropriate huh?