Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Yankees in-game thread

Re: 2013 Yankees in-game thread

I'll never root for another team. But to be totally honest, we've been playing a Ponzi game with our club and now it's time to pay the piper and we don't have enough to withstand injuries or in effectiveness. I'm okay with a down season or two, but with ARod on the books for another 4 seasons after this one and tex on the books for 3 more and CC for 4 more, it's looking like we're finally reaching a breaking point. And with some fiscal restraint coming, we're bound for a fall. Thing was, I thought the fall would come next yr but with all the injuries it's looking like it'll come this yr. we have to start building from within. One of the best ways to do that would be to move Cano, but it looks like we're going to lock another 30+ yr old player into a long expensive contract.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Of course, no Jeter, Tex, A-Rod, etc.
    To borrow a phrase from the Sox last year, Jeter, Tex, A-Rod, etc can't pitch.

The Yankees need their SP, and especially their bullpen, to get better. Even with Jeter, Tex, A-Rod, etc, they're not going to win a lot of games giving up 7 and 8 runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    Are they starting pitchers now?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post

The Yankees need their SP, and especially their bullpen, to get better. Even with Jeter, Tex, A-Rod, etc, they're not going to win a lot of games giving up 7 and 8 runs.
    They have a solid 1,2,3 with Sabathia, Kuroda, and Pettitte. They give quality starts more often than not as long as they stay healthy.

It's just the back end of the rotation that needs help really, and the bullpen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    They have a solid 1,2,3 with Sabathia, Kuroda, and Pettitte. They give quality starts more often than not as long as they stay healthy.

It's just the back end of the rotation that needs help really, and the bullpen of course.
    You have to be at least slightly concerned with CC's lack of velocity and lack of command in that first game. I know it's early, and CC always struggles early, but he doesn't always have offseason elbow surgery, and he isn't always limited to 2 starts in ST. If it takes him 3, 4, maybe 5 starts to get back into the swing of things and make up for both his missed ST starts and his typical early April struggles, then the Yankees could be in a bad, bad spot come Memorial Day.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

CC will be fine, IMO. I think we will start to see a decline in stuff either this yr or next, but we should also see an adjustment with his other stuff. He will still be able to reach back for the 94mph if he has to. He's been transitioning from power pitcher for 3 yrs now, so I dont think this will be a problem. Like I've said before, I am not worried about the pitching. Our pen will be fine with Robertson, Phelps and Rivera and our rotation is pretty deep once Hughes returns. It's the offense. And on that note, I need to get something off my chest.

What the ever living fuck is Cashman doing with these fucking retreads? Youkilis is a good pickup, good work. But you let Swisher and Martin walk and we get to resign Ichiro? Okay, that one isnt too bad. Grandy goes down and we get Vernon fucking Wells and we take on $13 mil in salary? Are you retarded? Tex goes down and we replace him with Lyle fucking Overbay? Great job Cashman! I just dont fucking understand his reluctance to see what his farm has. We have 2 big league ready guys in Mesa and Almonte. Do they look like future stars? No. Do they even look like future starting OFers? No they dont. But do they have tools that if they put it all together could be a useful part of our future either on the team or via trade? Fuck yeah! Almonte isnt patient, but can hit, he can run, and he can field. Mesa is patient, can hit the ball a mile, can run like the wind and play elite defense, he just doesnt make contact, really he misses the ball 1/3 of his ABs. But those guys could give us what Wells will give us. I can place a line on Wells before he gets DFA'd when Grandy returns. I'm going .240/.320/.380 with no steals and miserable D. He sounds like a WINNAH!!

Then we get to Overbay. I could go out there and give you what Overbay's gonna give us. He might not hit .200 out of 1b. PHENOMENAL! Why the FUCK isnt Youkilis at 1B??? He isnt a good 3b and is an elite defender at 1b. We HAD David Adams before we DFA'd him for Overbay. I guarantee he would have had a better line than loser Lyle. We also have Corban Joseph, who is a better player than Lyle the Lackey. And then there is Ronnier Mustelier, who hit the fucking cover off the ball in ST, who is recovering from a bone bruise from a week ago. He should be ready in a few days. If he isnt starting at 3b with Youk at 1b and Overbay on the scrap heap, I'm gonna go thermo-nuclear.

Our pitching has the gusto to hold us through this, but we cannot be fucking around with the lineup like we have been. We cannot continue to house shit ass players and run them on the field knowing that the guy sitting in Section A Row 3 Seat 109 can give you just as much, if not more. Let the kids play. We need some fire, we need some energy and we need to see what we've got before the big prospects land here later in the yr
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post

Then we get to Overbay. I could go out there and give you what Overbay's gonna give us.
    No, you couldn't.

CC will be fine, IMO. I think we will start to see a decline in stuff either this yr or next, but we should also see an adjustment with his other stuff. He will still be able to reach back for the 94mph if he has to. He's been transitioning from power pitcher for 3 yrs now, so I dont think this will be a problem. Like I've said before, I am not worried about the pitching. Our pen will be fine with Robertson, Phelps and Rivera and our rotation is pretty deep once Hughes returns. It's the offense. And on that note, I need to get something off my chest.

What the ever living fuck is Cashman doing with these fucking retreads? Youkilis is a good pickup, good work. But you let Swisher and Martin walk and we get to resign Ichiro? Okay, that one isnt too bad. Grandy goes down and we get Vernon fucking Wells and we take on $13 mil in salary? Are you retarded? Tex goes down and we replace him with Lyle fucking Overbay? Great job Cashman! I just dont fucking understand his reluctance to see what his farm has. We have 2 big league ready guys in Mesa and Almonte. Do they look like future stars? No. Do they even look like future starting OFers? No they dont. But do they have tools that if they put it all together could be a useful part of our future either on the team or via trade? Fuck yeah! Almonte isnt patient, but can hit, he can run, and he can field. Mesa is patient, can hit the ball a mile, can run like the wind and play elite defense, he just doesnt make contact, really he misses the ball 1/3 of his ABs. But those guys could give us what Wells will give us. I can place a line on Wells before he gets DFA'd when Grandy returns. I'm going .240/.320/.380 with no steals and miserable D. He sounds like a WINNAH!!

Then we get to Overbay. I could go out there and give you what Overbay's gonna give us. He might not hit .200 out of 1b. PHENOMENAL! Why the FUCK isnt Youkilis at 1B??? He isnt a good 3b and is an elite defender at 1b. We HAD David Adams before we DFA'd him for Overbay. I guarantee he would have had a better line than loser Lyle. We also have Corban Joseph, who is a better player than Lyle the Lackey. And then there is Ronnier Mustelier, who hit the fucking cover off the ball in ST, who is recovering from a bone bruise from a week ago. He should be ready in a few days. If he isnt starting at 3b with Youk at 1b and Overbay on the scrap heap, I'm gonna go thermo-nuclear.

Our pitching has the gusto to hold us through this, but we cannot be fucking around with the lineup like we have been. We cannot continue to house shit ass players and run them on the field knowing that the guy sitting in Section A Row 3 Seat 109 can give you just as much, if not more. Let the kids play. We need some fire, we need some energy and we need to see what we've got before the big prospects land here later in the yr
    The Yankees did what they always do, they tried to catch lightning in a bottle with "names" instead of trying to catch lightning in a bottle with guys from the system you haven't heard much about. There is no other explanation. It's very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    The Yankees did what they always do, they tried to catch lightning in a bottle with "names" instead of trying to catch lightning in a bottle with guys from the system you haven't heard much about. There is no other explanation. It's very simple.
    You're right on this one BSN. It's patch filling with 40 year old caulk.
    Hal sucks

See, in a dream scenario, the Yankees would be able to stay afloat, get the injured guys back and win enough to make the POs. But in a reality scenario, I really hope we dont end up in no man's land. Let's say we're 10 games out when ARod returns. That might be a small enough gap to consider dealing away some of our kids to stay in contention. I either hope these old fucks come to life and we show how strong we can be when fully healthy, or we divebomb so badly that we dont even consider dealing away our kids. It might not be a bad thing to let Grandy walk via FA, snag a top tier pick for the 2014 and 2015 draft and reload for the 2015 season.
    Hal sucks

This is what I see happening in the next couple months for the Yanks.

Yanks continue to struggle and it becomes a media frenzy while YS becomes a ghost town. They sign Cano to an extension by mid May and that distracts the fan base for about a week before panic and ridicule set back in. At this point some of the injured players are starting to return but it may not be enough so they will go out and get Either from the Dodgers and a SP before the TDL ends. This "splash" will be enough to placate some of the fans and get some butts back in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    This is what I see happening in the next couple months for the Yanks.

Yanks continue to struggle and it becomes a media frenzy while YS becomes a ghost town. They sign Cano to an extension by mid May and that distracts the fan base for about a week before panic and ridicule set back in. At this point some of the injured players are starting to return but it may not be enough so they will go out and get Either from the Dodgers and a SP before the TDL ends. This "splash" will be enough to placate some of the fans and get some butts back in the seats.
    That certainly could happen and it'd be a shame. If Hank and Hal really want to get down below $189 mil, they better use their farm. Warren looked good yesterday. Phelps is good. Nova has had success. We have guys who are coming through the farm who should be very good. I want to see us use this
    Hal sucks

That certainly could happen and it'd be a shame. If Hank and Hal really want to get down below $189 mil, they better use their farm. Warren looked good yesterday. Phelps is good. Nova has had success. We have guys who are coming through the farm who should be very good. I want to see us use this
    I just can't see them turning to the farm if this season is a s bad as I think it could be for them.

In other news they did get a good start out of Andy last night.

Yanks getting thumped, again. Their middle relief is putrid.

So is their offense.
    We miss you Mike.

They got fisted by Fister today.